Dreams do come true WaHoo!!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
My heart about stopped when I dug this late 20th century tab. I had to stop and take in all it's glory. It shows what a little research and determination can do. This was my best hunt all day. So don't ever let it be said a site is all hunted out. I got this baby about four inches down with a VDI at around 31 on a Whites machine. After I dug this after about five minutes The finds just kept coming. I know there will be some naysayers out there, but it is all due to a little luck and research.

Hey keep the passion high

Attachments

• 0928001750.jpg
    0928001750.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 4,894
  • CIMG0339.JPG
    CIMG0339.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 4,871
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell me what the reading was when your machine signaled the hit.......I don't want to set my discrimination too high, and
tune these rarities out.....

DirtMan1

Jul 30, 2010
Erik in NJ said:
A Public Apology To Lennon631

After a bit of a restless sleep last night (could not stop thinking about this tab), I contacted an esteemed expert today in said tabs and I do indeed stand corrected and want to apologize to Mr. Lennon! This is indeed a Fesca tab (Flavorious Frescus), BUT it's one of the incredibly rare OVERSTRIKES of a Coca-Cola tab (Coca Colarious I), which is what really threw me off -- having never seen one of these rarities before. I sincerely hope that Lennon631 has not retired from the forum as anyone who has achieved membership in the prestidious organization U.S.H.I.T. certainly has my utmost respect and admiration! Thank-you Lennon631 for your salient and sage insight :notworthy:

lennon631 said:
I am growing VERY very weary of ALL you fools who claim to know what the hell you're all talking about. I have been a member of the Unionized Society Historical Identity Tabs since 1968 and after a scrutinized look at this gentlemen's tab there is no doubt that it is a Fresca can tab, although hard to come by it is NOT to be confused with the Coke cans of 72'+. There ARE traces of plastic liner on the edges, which are INDEED classic to Fresca from 1967-79. I hereby retire myself from this forum to spare me from ANYmore foolish debates...
:D :D ;D :icon_thumleft:

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum
relic lover said:
U will have it cleaned by a pro right? I dug one once but it was HOLED :'( I was devastated I can only open a hole now after years of intense therapy and under the influence of a strong sedative.
I suggest keeping it as it is. Not only does it have style and character in it's current state, but because of all the forgeries out there, it would be too easy for it to get swapped, even by mistake, to have anyone else handle it. Worse yet, you might get someone who doesn't know about these things thinking it to either be a) trash (how dare they) and throw it away, or B) Send it off to the Smithsonian, feeling it is their public duty to preserve such a historical find.
Speaking of which, has the Government contacted you yet about paying the taxes on this??

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG man. I hate it when I dig all of those stupid gold coins just trying to find one of these awesome pulltabs. You rock!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been poaching in my "hot spot"? That looks just like the things I usually find! I better not catch you there! M :laughing7: nty

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know how I missed this one...congratulations on some great finds.

NJ

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does one put a pricetag on priceless?!?! :dontknow:

CowboyKolo said:
Speaking of which, has the Government contacted you yet about paying the taxes on this??

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Erik in NJ said:
How does one put a pricetag on priceless?!?! :dontknow:

CowboyKolo said:

I was going to wait for tax time to declare it

S

stefen

Another banner find...

Thats a 1971 Coors tab which should grade VG or better...check the Green Book....

I'd have it slabbed...maybe post on Ebay...

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A lot of sites in past started with those critters, then 5 cent pieces and rings as some use too much discrimination and go too fast, I try to tell them.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one just like it on the American Digger show sell for $5000.00. Apparently it is a rare find.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread