Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
PLATINUM! Oh man did this get my heart pumping!

My local beach, I've nick-named Erosion Beach, lived up to it's name again. After the winter storms we had there were some terrific cuts and last week I made out with a dozen Silver coins, a Silver ring and even a Buffalo nickel. I PM'd my good buddy and told him about the erosion. He was there early the next morning and it was still early when I got a phone call from him. Yep ... he found a Gold ring ... with diamonds ... and just inches from some of the holes I made. Arrrggh :dontknow: ... well I was thrilled it was him (if it couldn't be me).

Yesterday the erosion was even more extensive. Lots of older clad and a couple of Silver Rosies and I was having a ball! Then I spot a pulltab only partially covered in the sand. I swung my coil over the spot and was ready to put the "pulltab" in my trash pouch.

YIKES...it was a RING! It looked too good to be true and I thought junk ring. I sat down, took off my glasses and read the mark: PT 950. YES! YES! :hello2: and those diamonds looked too good not to be real...plus it's Platinum!

It was almost on the surface and found with my White's Surfmaster PI+.

I am glad I got something worthwhile to post here.

Gotta Love this hobby

HH Joe

UPDATE: I've added a photo Montage of all the Gold and Platinum finnds from this particular small beach.

PS: I had promised my next Gold ring to my new bride and though strictly speaking it wasn't Gold she got it anyway...and I think she likes it.

Attachments

• PT 3-29-11 sm d.jpg
    PT 3-29-11 sm d.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 6,541
  • PT 3-29-11 sm c.jpg
    PT 3-29-11 sm c.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 6,494
  • PT 3-29-11 sm b.jpg
    PT 3-29-11 sm b.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6,470
Upvote 1

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: PLATINUM with Diamonds

Congrats on the Banner!!!! And the double plat!!!! Chug and Red

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man, that is one beautiful ring!!! Congrats on the banner :headbang:

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DrJoePrime said:
PLATINUM! Oh man did this get my heart pumping!

My local beach, I've nick-named Erosion Beach, lived up to it's name again. After the winter storms we had there were some terrific cuts and last week I made out with a dozen Silver coins, a Silver ring and even a Buffalo nickel. I PM'd my good buddy and told him about the erosion. He was there early the next morning and it was still early when I got a phone call from him. Yep ... he found a Gold ring ... with diamonds ... and just inches from some of the holes I made. Arrrggh :dontknow: ... well I was thrilled it was him (if it couldn't be me).

Yesterday the erosion was even more extensive. Lots of older clad and a couple of Silver Rosies and I was having a ball! Then I spot a pulltab only partially covered in the sand. I swung my coil over the spot and was ready to put the "pulltab" in my trash pouch.

YIKES...it was a RING! It looked too good to be true and I thought junk ring. I sat down, took off my glasses and read the mark: PT 950. YES! YES! :hello2: and those diamonds looked too good not to be real...plus it's Platinum!

It was almost on the surface and found with my White's Surfmaster PI+.

I am glad I got something worthwhile to post here.

Gotta Love this hobby

HH Joe

PS: I had promised my next Gold ring to my new bride and though strictly speaking it wasn't Gold she got it anyway...and I think she likes it.

Congrats Joe, Very impressive find indeed......true friends would say what you said about if not you finding the ring, Hope your buddy will. :icon_thumleft: I bet those stones are high grade, Have it checked. 8)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow! I am blown away!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If she didn,t like that ring she is not going to like any ring ! What a find :thumbsup: Congrads on the BANNER ! MaineRelic

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, Great find congrats on banner !! :o :icon_thumleft:

If your going to keep it, I'd suggest getting it insured. :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I really enjoyed putting this photo montage together. These are all the Gold and Platinum finds out of Erosion Beach over about two years.

The erosion at this beach is very severe and consequently the sand is being replaced almost constantly. Most of these finds have come from the replenished sand.

Rings 2,3 and 6 have been sold (to help pay for my Deus). Ring 4 is 18K with a Platinum center band. All of the diamonds are REAL!

I hope you all enjoy looking at the photo...it sure is fun to reminisce.

HH Joe

Attachments

• Erosion Beach.jpg
    Erosion Beach.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 3,906

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr.JoePrime,
A most wonderful find but what detector were you using? I've read a bit about the XP Deus, what do you think of it?

Thank you for sharing your wonderful finds............63bkpkr

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hi 63bkpkr,

This was almost an eyeball find. I actually saw a corner peeking up out of black sand first ..thought it was a pulltab and swung my PI machine over it (of course it rang up..not sure what I was thinking) then pulled it out of the sand with my fingers.

I LOVE the Deus. Just bought the larger coil (13"X11" vs 9" round for the smaller coil))for the larger coverage and secondly for the depth.

So far I need to adjust my scooping abilities. On the dry sand I no longer can pull up my target on the first scoop. I generally use the second scoop and 80% of the time it's either there or the 3rd scoop...with the 20% being the 1st scoop.

On the wet sand, I think my PI is still the deepest.

What I'm trying to learn now is the more subtle signals ...most are spurious/falsing. I can't seem to get out of the huge signal mental state.

Regards, Joe

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:read2: Nice!(PT 950 ring)...and it looks real tempting sitting a top of that "Peyote" plant ::) :laughing7:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'M THINKIN' THAT YOUR NEW BRIDE DOESN'T MIND YOU SPENDING TIME DIGGIN' IN THE SAND.
:hello2:

HH
PM #/;0)~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread