Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
PLATINUM! Oh man did this get my heart pumping!

My local beach, I've nick-named Erosion Beach, lived up to it's name again. After the winter storms we had there were some terrific cuts and last week I made out with a dozen Silver coins, a Silver ring and even a Buffalo nickel. I PM'd my good buddy and told him about the erosion. He was there early the next morning and it was still early when I got a phone call from him. Yep ... he found a Gold ring ... with diamonds ... and just inches from some of the holes I made. Arrrggh :dontknow: ... well I was thrilled it was him (if it couldn't be me).

Yesterday the erosion was even more extensive. Lots of older clad and a couple of Silver Rosies and I was having a ball! Then I spot a pulltab only partially covered in the sand. I swung my coil over the spot and was ready to put the "pulltab" in my trash pouch.

YIKES...it was a RING! It looked too good to be true and I thought junk ring. I sat down, took off my glasses and read the mark: PT 950. YES! YES! :hello2: and those diamonds looked too good not to be real...plus it's Platinum!

It was almost on the surface and found with my White's Surfmaster PI+.

I am glad I got something worthwhile to post here.

Gotta Love this hobby

HH Joe

UPDATE: I've added a photo Montage of all the Gold and Platinum finnds from this particular small beach.

PS: I had promised my next Gold ring to my new bride and though strictly speaking it wasn't Gold she got it anyway...and I think she likes it.

Attachments

• PT 3-29-11 sm d.jpg
    PT 3-29-11 sm d.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 6,541
  • PT 3-29-11 sm c.jpg
    PT 3-29-11 sm c.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 6,494
  • PT 3-29-11 sm b.jpg
    PT 3-29-11 sm b.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6,470
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions