🥇 BANNER WOW -- 1835 $5 GOLD COIN !!!!!

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
TNET Members

If I was not living this I would not believe it!! I have been fighting the flu for the last week or so and had lost my voice completely for a few days, but was feeling a bit better and had the bug to get out and hunt a bit. Especially after Mark dug a sweet Cast Brass Tongue buckle at a site he was scouting for us. Turns out he had a "matching" wreath from a different site.

So Mark and I headed to the buckle site so we could check out the camp site that Mark had isolated. It was a very cool site so I got some scenery shots and then we cleared some ground of branches and hunted it for a bit. We found a few keepers and then decided to get a bite to eat and then head back to the site where Mark got his last (4th) $20 Gold Coin.

We decided to hunt the fringes of the site and we located another iron invested area and we started to pull some period targets. I got a nice Fancy Wreath buckle, Mark dug an nice lever off an old gun. We kept calling each other over to compare targets and shoot video. After about 5 or 6 shotgun shells I got another nice smooth mid tone so I started to scrape the dirt off and then realized this target was a bit deeper than the shotgun shells so I called Mark over (just in case) Boy am I glad I did!!

Sorry about the voice but we had been recording a lot of junk targets so the voice was almost gone when IT popped out!!

Mark and I had a funny conversation at the end of the night on the walk back to the Jeep. Let's just say Mark was happy for me and happy I finally got a gold coin out of these sites!! (It has been a long 14 years since the first one!!) As he stated before, he really wanted me to get over a good one and I'm not sure he would have told me if he found it!! :D OK Mark, you can go find some more now!! LOL

Glad it was my turn!!

Attachments

• 5 dollar FB post.jpg
    5 dollar FB post.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 908
  • 5 in hand back 2.jpg
    5 in hand back 2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 711
  • 5 in hand front 2.jpg
    5 in hand front 2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 746
  • buckle 1.jpg
    buckle 1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 686
  • bucke two.jpg
    bucke two.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 675
  • holding coin.jpg
    holding coin.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 696
Upvote 93

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Beautiful coin, Ron! Those gold coins totally blow my mind. Be thankful you have such an amazing site to hunt. And big congrats on a well-deserved banner!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! All I can say is wow! Unbelievable! Mega congrats! Congrats on making banner!
The detail on that is awesome! You may have set a record for getting banner!
I am sooooooooo HAPPY FOR YOU!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A grail coin, for sure. Seems like Northeast has all the old silver, and California has all the gold. Great find!

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats here too! Well deserved Gold for you! :icon_thumleft: May there are a couple more for you to dig!

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah would like to be you right now...HH

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Banner Ron, well deserved. Ya'll may want to consider changing your "CaRelicAdventures" to the, 3 Banner Amigos. Glad to see all three of you guys up there! Keep it up, I'm sure you guys will pull more from those sites, can't wait to see!

OP
OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Thanks everyone. I liked every comment as I feel if you take the time to post a "slap on the back" or an "atta boy" then your post deserves a like from me!! Plus, all the comments make me feel important for a few days!! LOL

Lefty

Sep 13, 2013
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, ACE 350, Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that coin pre-dates the gold rush.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are out of control :headbang: !!! The gold is just flowing for you , I hope it keeps coming !!! Congrats :thumbsup:
Glen

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - a seriously rare find as "Type Coins" go - Major congratulations to you ! I think an interesting discussion can be had about what
initiated such a massive loss of large silver and gold coins - whether you guys are of the opinion that this is a cache that got spread out
somehow , or a payroll loss of some kind - other theories ? I really am eager to hear what your theories are !!!!!!!!!!!!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Whatever you all did to get great karma keep it up! Simply amazing. She is beautiful.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fantastic coin! Congratulations and wishing you continued success

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread