🥇 BANNER WOW -- 1835 $5 GOLD COIN !!!!!

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
TNET Members

If I was not living this I would not believe it!! I have been fighting the flu for the last week or so and had lost my voice completely for a few days, but was feeling a bit better and had the bug to get out and hunt a bit. Especially after Mark dug a sweet Cast Brass Tongue buckle at a site he was scouting for us. Turns out he had a "matching" wreath from a different site.

So Mark and I headed to the buckle site so we could check out the camp site that Mark had isolated. It was a very cool site so I got some scenery shots and then we cleared some ground of branches and hunted it for a bit. We found a few keepers and then decided to get a bite to eat and then head back to the site where Mark got his last (4th) $20 Gold Coin.

We decided to hunt the fringes of the site and we located another iron invested area and we started to pull some period targets. I got a nice Fancy Wreath buckle, Mark dug an nice lever off an old gun. We kept calling each other over to compare targets and shoot video. After about 5 or 6 shotgun shells I got another nice smooth mid tone so I started to scrape the dirt off and then realized this target was a bit deeper than the shotgun shells so I called Mark over (just in case) Boy am I glad I did!!

Sorry about the voice but we had been recording a lot of junk targets so the voice was almost gone when IT popped out!!

Mark and I had a funny conversation at the end of the night on the walk back to the Jeep. Let's just say Mark was happy for me and happy I finally got a gold coin out of these sites!! (It has been a long 14 years since the first one!!) As he stated before, he really wanted me to get over a good one and I'm not sure he would have told me if he found it!! :D OK Mark, you can go find some more now!! LOL

Glad it was my turn!!

Attachments

• 5 dollar FB post.jpg
    5 dollar FB post.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 908
  • 5 in hand back 2.jpg
    5 in hand back 2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 711
  • 5 in hand front 2.jpg
    5 in hand front 2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 746
  • buckle 1.jpg
    buckle 1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 686
  • bucke two.jpg
    bucke two.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 675
  • holding coin.jpg
    holding coin.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 696
Upvote 93

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, what a great area:occasion14:

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Gold coin club....Congrats! I think were twins......

Picture 161 Medium Web view.jpg Picture 162 Medium Web view.jpg

Last edited:

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absolutely loving it. Congrats on your find... I know what your feeling... Congrats again!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread