🥇 BANNER CELTIC GOLD!- FIRST SIGNAL !

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Followers may remember a while ago me Crusader and Cru'Dad working over Roman site well known to us when 'Fan' the wonder Welsh Sheepdog wandered a few hundred tards away to dig rabbits at the corner of the adjacent field. Unusually,(and luckily) she was too engrossed to hear thw whistle. Good job, as when I got up to her she was digging roman pottery like a professional archaeologist!
A new sister site found, and a productive one it turned out to be! Since then, I have found myself following her around the fields , thinking she must have some sixth sense.
Well, this outing was instigated with much hassle from Fan who just would not leave me be and obviously wanted to go for some excercise and exploration. At this time of year it is tough with the only option pasture or small patches of rape field that havn't taken well. So it was that i promised her a half hour hunt on a local patch of rape field.

Out of the car, follow the dog, start swinging, Bang! Celtic Gold first signal! My first gold ever and what a beauty! Thanks to Crusader and Cru Dad for the I.D.

A gold Iron Age stater of the Northern Region of Cunobelin, Wild series A, c. 1-42 AD. Trinovantian, minted at Camulodunum. Dish-shaped coin similar to Hobbs 1787-1792 and VA 1931 :hello2:

IMG_9657.JPG IMG_9659.JPG Stater unearthed.jpg Fan in the Stater field.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 53

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well deserved with your excellent research & networking skills although this one was pure luck!

Although it's taken you 5 years to find your first one, if you think about how much searching time you do compared to us, it probably just adds up to 1 year!

Funny that it was my first Celtic Gold as well, see my post (NB. mine has not ring & dot in front):
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ifetime-update-leading-expert.html#post953692
Even stranger is thats Dads first one was a variant of this type:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/101685-you-won-t-believe.html#post1069966
So all of us started our Celtic Gold collection on the same coin! - Spooky because Dad & I have never had another the same since.

My vote is in & its something I know was your Wish List No.1 (you forgot to mention). I will never forget mine, & was making such a scene the farmer came out of his house!

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say this...
Beings your on that side of the pond... :)
but...
it cannot be denied...

Banner.

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well deserved with your excellent research & networking skills although this one was pure luck!

Although it's taken you 5 years to find your first one, if you think about how much searching time you do compared to us, it probably just adds up to 1 year!

Funny that it was my first Celtic Gold as well, see my post (NB. mine has not ring & dot in front):
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ifetime-update-leading-expert.html#post953692
Even stranger is thats Dads first one was a variant of this type:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/101685-you-won-t-believe.html#post1069966
So all of us started our Celtic Gold collection on the same coin! - Spooky because Dad & I have never had another the same since.

My vote is in & its something I know was your Wish List No.1 (you forgot to mention). I will never forget mine, & was making such a scene the farmer came out of his house!

You are right, a lot of luck always is helpful! Don't forget that I am sure Fan the wonder welsh sheepdog knew it was there!! LOL !!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope Fan got about a two pound dog bone for getting the boss over to the good spot. What an phenomenal find. Congratulations on a historic find

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big congrats on that first Gold and what a fantastic one it is !! Still seeking my first gold coin here, might take years or days who knows ! Need a treasure seeking dog like yours to help maybe :occasion14:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a super nice and rare find! Your' find as well as Crusader's and Crudad's find brought me back in thought to my ancestors (the O'Ferrall Kings known as the "Lords of Annaly") who ruled a large part of Ireland...especially the central portions of Ireland and who descended from the Kings of Conmacne and also were in direct lineage from Noah.

Oops, I almost forgot! I voted for a truly deserved Banner for the find.

Frank

Last edited:

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find. :thumbsup:

What size is that coin? Can you take measurement or another pic with a reference item?

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you should be renting Fan out, could make allot of money with a dog that can sniff out gold coins and Roman sites.
Congrats on finding a stunning gold coin, one I have yet to see posted here before. And with that I am going to go and vote Banner because it surely is deserving.
ZDD

Put on the next ship over and I'll pick her up at the port.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I voted Banner for Fan, and the coin as a runner up. Just kidding the vote is in on the beautiful pony, congrats on your first.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, it is a beauty too! Congratulations!

Steve

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I voted Banner for Fan, and the coin as a runner up. Just kidding the vote is in on the beautiful pony, congrats on your first.
Thanks. Fan has put on a couple of pounds with all the well deserved treats she's had!! Guess we shall have to get her out hunting in the fields again!

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on finding such a beautiful coin. My vote is in.

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! What a dream find it is too! :thumbsup:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody voted for this rare 2000 year old Gold Coin? This one has to be on top! :thumbsup:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super coin :thumbsup: This was posted five days ago and not on the Banner :icon_scratch: It goes to show if your not in the TreasureNet click you don't get banner. Sorry to go of topic Landmag but I'm sick of the great finds the Europeans are finding, and not getting a chance at banner. One of the reasons I no longer post my finds, and probably never will.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread