🥇 BANNER CELTIC GOLD!- FIRST SIGNAL !

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Followers may remember a while ago me Crusader and Cru'Dad working over Roman site well known to us when 'Fan' the wonder Welsh Sheepdog wandered a few hundred tards away to dig rabbits at the corner of the adjacent field. Unusually,(and luckily) she was too engrossed to hear thw whistle. Good job, as when I got up to her she was digging roman pottery like a professional archaeologist!
A new sister site found, and a productive one it turned out to be! Since then, I have found myself following her around the fields , thinking she must have some sixth sense.
Well, this outing was instigated with much hassle from Fan who just would not leave me be and obviously wanted to go for some excercise and exploration. At this time of year it is tough with the only option pasture or small patches of rape field that havn't taken well. So it was that i promised her a half hour hunt on a local patch of rape field.

Out of the car, follow the dog, start swinging, Bang! Celtic Gold first signal! My first gold ever and what a beauty! Thanks to Crusader and Cru Dad for the I.D.

A gold Iron Age stater of the Northern Region of Cunobelin, Wild series A, c. 1-42 AD. Trinovantian, minted at Camulodunum. Dish-shaped coin similar to Hobbs 1787-1792 and VA 1931 :hello2:

IMG_9657.JPG IMG_9659.JPG Stater unearthed.jpg Fan in the Stater field.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 53
OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nearly lost the faith - CONGRATS on the first BANNER find & I'm sure your never forget that day!

I sure won't !! This Gold Stater now confirmed with the British Museum exactly as your I.D. as a rare variant. Just two recorded. Pellet in amulet in front of horse.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Oh boy id want a beer after that one hh gl -Joe

Followers may remember a while ago me Crusader and Cru'Dad working over Roman site well known to us when 'Fan' the wonder Welsh Sheepdog wandered a few hundred tards away to dig rabbits at the corner of the adjacent field. Unusually,(and luckily) she was too engrossed to hear thw whistle. Good job, as when I got up to her she was digging roman pottery like a professional archaeologist!
A new sister site found, and a productive one it turned out to be! Since then, I have found myself following her around the fields , thinking she must have some sixth sense.
Well, this outing was instigated with much hassle from Fan who just would not leave me be and obviously wanted to go for some excercise and exploration. At this time of year it is tough with the only option pasture or small patches of rape field that havn't taken well. So it was that i promised her a half hour hunt on a local patch of rape field.

Out of the car, follow the dog, start swinging, Bang! Celtic Gold first signal! My first gold ever and what a beauty! Thanks to Crusader and Cru Dad for the I.D.

A gold Iron Age stater of the Northern Region of Cunobelin, Wild series A, c. 1-42 AD. Trinovantian, minted at Camulodunum. Dish-shaped coin similar to Hobbs 1787-1792 and VA 1931 :hello2:

View attachment 1154923 View attachment 1154924 View attachment 1154927 View attachment 1154928

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!! Find.
What is growing there ? Pretty Yellow Color.
Davers

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!! Find.
What is growing there ? Pretty Yellow Color.
Davers

That's the oilseed rape. If it had not failed in the area he tried, it may never have been found. No good reason to try that corner, in fact the opposite!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Booyahh! Wonderful find!!

All the best,

Lanny

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the oilseed rape. If it had not failed in the area he tried, it may never have been found. No good reason to try that corner, in fact the opposite!

Oil Seed rape , Huh Bad name IMO but pretty flowers.

It may not have been found until Fall or Winter or at sometime in the Future when the field was Dormant.
Thx For your reply.
Davers

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A late congratulations mate, l know its well deserved. Hutch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread