🥇 BANNER CELTIC GOLD!- FIRST SIGNAL !

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Followers may remember a while ago me Crusader and Cru'Dad working over Roman site well known to us when 'Fan' the wonder Welsh Sheepdog wandered a few hundred tards away to dig rabbits at the corner of the adjacent field. Unusually,(and luckily) she was too engrossed to hear thw whistle. Good job, as when I got up to her she was digging roman pottery like a professional archaeologist!
A new sister site found, and a productive one it turned out to be! Since then, I have found myself following her around the fields , thinking she must have some sixth sense.
Well, this outing was instigated with much hassle from Fan who just would not leave me be and obviously wanted to go for some excercise and exploration. At this time of year it is tough with the only option pasture or small patches of rape field that havn't taken well. So it was that i promised her a half hour hunt on a local patch of rape field.

Out of the car, follow the dog, start swinging, Bang! Celtic Gold first signal! My first gold ever and what a beauty! Thanks to Crusader and Cru Dad for the I.D.

A gold Iron Age stater of the Northern Region of Cunobelin, Wild series A, c. 1-42 AD. Trinovantian, minted at Camulodunum. Dish-shaped coin similar to Hobbs 1787-1792 and VA 1931 :hello2:

IMG_9657.JPG IMG_9659.JPG Stater unearthed.jpg Fan in the Stater field.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 53

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super coin :thumbsup: This was posted five days ago and not on the Banner :icon_scratch: It goes to show if your not in the TreasureNet click you don't get banner. Sorry to go of topic Landmag but I'm sick of the great finds the Europeans are finding, and not getting a chance at banner. One of the reasons I no longer post my finds, and probably never will.

SS

I hope you don't stop posting, I for one would like to see them!

But I have to say, I'm bitting me lip on this post.:sadsmiley:

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super coin :thumbsup: This was posted five days ago and not on the Banner :icon_scratch: It goes to show if your not in the TreasureNet click you don't get banner. Sorry to go of topic Landmag but I'm sick of the great finds the Europeans are finding, and not getting a chance at banner. One of the reasons I no longer post my finds, and probably never will.

SS
Thanks for your comments and appreciation. Still hoping, there are only 2 of this coin type /variation recorded !!!!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow just Wow

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica

SS

what a coin, and what a lack of response ! a fine example of the perils of popularity.

Bill

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a coin, and what a lack of response ! a fine example of the perils of popularity.

Bill

Not only that, but a shear lack of recognition. Very disappointing & a sad reflection. Enough said:BangHead:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only that, but a shear lack of recognition. Very disappointing & a sad reflection. Enough said:BangHead:
Sad indeed, banner is a popularity contest and has been since the new take over.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you don't stop posting, I for one would like to see them!

But I have to say, I'm bitting me lip on this post.:sadsmiley:
I'll just email them to you, save me loads of time, after all it would only be you and a couple of others that would bother replying anyway on here.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that the reason that this is not on the top is that more people just think saying the word banner in a comment is all they need to do. The truth is, it does not matter how many times you say the word banner you need to actually send a "Nominate Banner" report. How many reports you get are what matter, not the number of times people say banner. I'm guessing that is the reason here, probably wrong though.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find. Looks like your dog is a good luck charm!!! I know when I take mine out, it helps me!!!!:icon_thumleft:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that the reason that this is not on the top is that more people just think saying the word banner in a comment is all they need to do. The truth is, it does not matter how many times you say the word banner you need to actually send a "Nominate Banner" report. How many reports you get are what matter, not the number of times people say banner. I'm guessing that is the reason here, probably wrong though.
If thats the case, lets hope they read this & press the button.

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find. Looks like your dog is a good luck charm!!! I know when I take mine out, it helps me!!!!:icon_thumleft:
Fan has learnt when the Cortez gives a good audible signal to dig she will come back from ahead immediately and sit looking in the hole. Sometimes she will do some digging to help get to the target!:notworthy:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

Lucky! My dog just jumps in front of the coil while your swing it, while I dig I quickly just attach his leash to a tree next to me. unfortunately he will start whimpering and crying.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fan has learnt when the Cortez gives a good audible signal to dig she will come back from ahead immediately and sit looking in the hole. Sometimes she will do some digging to help get to the target!:notworthy:

You must tell me how you learned her that. All our dogs do is waiting till the hole looks good to lay down on it...

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must tell me how you learned her that. All our dogs do is waiting till the hole looks good to lay down on it...
I think it is the Cortez distinctive 'beep beep' audible signal, ( no headphones) that she learns by association that I will be stopping to dig a good signal. Fan is a Welsh Sheepdog, the Stater is probably gold mined from Wales, ( which the Romans exploited so well in later years) so maybe a natural affinity exists!!
:icon_scratch::icon_thumright:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find. :thumbsup:

What size is that coin? Can you take measurement or another pic with a reference item?

Its about 18-20mm & just over 5g. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread