🥇 BANNER 1700s gold broach, Kings American Dragoons Rosette and other great finds

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1700's gold broach, Kings American Dragoons Rosette and other great finds

Well managed to get the household chores done and got away detecting for a full day…most of the morning was a bust with some research that just didn't pan out, so we go to a good back up field that we wanted to try for some time now. The site started off great with first signal being this Brass Bridal Rosette from the King's American Dragoons, a Loyalist Calvary corp that formed in New York, 1781-1782. then finds were just random drops so we go to a great looking new site and I popped out early signs with pewter spoons pieces and bowl…then what is a hunt without finding another trade axe and a half of one. I then get this pull tab or small lead sound on the machine and sure glad I dug it… a very early 1700's gold broach weighing in at 4 grams, this was from an early french site which also produced this cufflink with silver back glass front with gold inside, I think Iron Patch has more info on it… then out popped a Geo I and Geo II coins…there were 15 early coins popped out today with none being silver…just waiting for next time out…Lots of buttons but no further military ones… also managed a harmonica with wood still inside, jack knife and crushed sheep bell…

Attachments

• Dragoon.jpg
    Dragoon.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 3,663
  • broach.jpg
    broach.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 635
  • 4 grams.jpg
    4 grams.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 3,541
  • cuff.jpg
    cuff.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3,523
  • Geo 1.jpg
    Geo 1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 3,399
  • Geo II.jpg
    Geo II.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 3,516
  • 25Oct2015.jpg
    25Oct2015.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 621
Upvote 61
OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow ..............................

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me see if I understand this? These finds are not on the BANNER and they're on page 4....really???? Patriot my man I am not gonna let these fade into obscurity. Nope! I'm gonna be the most annoying dude on Tnet until these get the respect they deserve. These finds are so crazy Banner it's ridiculous. Id kill for a day like that

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Let me see if I understand this? These finds are not on the BANNER and they're on page 4....really???? Patriot my man I am not gonna let these fade into obscurity. Nope! I'm gonna be the most annoying dude on Tnet until these get the respect they deserve. These finds are so crazy Banner it's ridiculous. Id kill for a day like that

I scratched my head about that too!!

You get 'em tiger!

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Voting banner... beautiful gold brooch, trade axe, and the historic rosette in one day????? Insanity!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Voting banner... beautiful gold brooch, trade axe, and the historic rosette in one day????? Insanity!!!

Isaac you are a wise young man. Very refreshing to see someone your age who understand these amazing finds

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isaac,

Like Ahab I appreciate the fact you can see how great these finds are....you are wise beyond your years.

Regards + HH

Bill

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
PATRIOT I HAVE TO SAY YOU HAVE REALLY TOPPED YOUR FINDS THIS TIME , MAN WHAT RELICS .

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean any disrespect to the Fugio finder.... but it's on the banner and these finds/this post, is not. Are you kidding me? I'm not saying it's not worthy, it's just that these finds are 3 or 4 times worthy! Just for the record a King's American Dragoon button/rosette wipes out a USA pewter for rarity and desirability... at least to those who are serious about collecting this stuff. And then a gold brooch... every gold coin makes it, and it's not like they were giving gold brooches away in the 17 or 1800s. (They were either bought with gold coins or several silver ones) The Patriot is a good friend, but you know I'd throw on a rant for anything I thought was worthy... so here is the beginning of the reconsider campaign! :thumbsup:

PS: See good Blacksmith token in the other post. ;) Just kidding! (sort of) :tongue3:

Last edited:

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Isaac,

Like Ahab I appreciate the fact you can see how great these finds are....you are wise beyond your years.

Regards + HH

Bill

Isaac you are a wise young man. Very refreshing to see someone your age who understand these amazing finds

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the unexpected compliments. I'm so glad I can share my passion with such great people like yourselves. I wish more people my age and in my school would appreciate history instead of being glued onto their phones or video games. It sucks that nobody my age really has a hobby anymore... The history attached to pieces such as these Patriot posted get me very emotional. Every piece I find I try to make a story of, researching each piece to fill the gaps of it's untold past. My wild imagination can try to interpret the past, and how the person lost the relic we dug! I'm all for the history and personality of the finds, that's something I really appreciate about the hobby. PATRIOT, I VOTED BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IP,

My vote is already in....both the rosette and broach are worthy of being up top.

Regards + HH

Bill

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all...just glad to share these finds to people that appreciate them and as long as you are here then I'll continue to post my finds!!
Isaac, you do seem wise before your years!

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the unexpected compliments. I'm so glad I can share my passion with such great people like yourselves. I wish more people my age and in my school would appreciate history instead of being glued onto their phones or video games. It sucks that nobody my age really has a hobby anymore... The history attached to pieces such as these Patriot posted get me very emotional. Every piece I find I try to make a story of, researching each piece to fill the gaps of it's untold past. My wild imagination can try to interpret the past, and how the person lost the relic we dug! I'm all for the history and personality of the finds, that's something I really appreciate about the hobby. PATRIOT, I VOTED BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's great perspective buddy. Those possible connections are what makes this so much fun. One of my ancestors that lived on the maine coast was a traveling cobbler. I have found 17 or 18 shoe buckles in just over 2 years. I feel like there's a reason I find so many and I always wonder if maybe just maybe my ancestor out his hands on one or more than one of those buckles. It doesn't get any better than finding something related to an ancestor or specific property. I'll be watching for your posts pal. You're getting quite a jump on a nice collection

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just beautiful brooch !!!good job !!congrats on banner

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My work here is done. Well deserved. Congrats my colonial loving brother 8-)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well deserved banner!! Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread