Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went out with 3cylbill again today for a long proper hunt. We were out swinging for almost a full 8 hrs. If you saw my thread last week, I was just coming off a career best hunt. Somehow I just managed to top that. THIS WAS A DREAM HUNT! I started off the day by turning on my machine and kicking some dead weeds aside, and literally my first swing I hit a half dime. From then on I wandered through the area pulling coin, after coin, after coin. A silver here, a few indians there, with the occasional nickel stumbling through. I entirely lost count during the hunt of how much silver I found, let alone the indians. Truly my best hunt of all time, I am still in awe of how I managed so many small silvers. I was banging out half dimes at 8 inches, it was just crazy. So this hunt yielded TWO MORE Bucket listers, a trime and a seated quarter. The totals for the day were 24 indians, 12 silvers, 3 shield nicks, 1 v nick, two junk rings(even though one is marked 24k haha), and a random token. So excited, straight drunk on silver.
20180422_202733_resized.jpg 20180422_202727_resized.jpg 20180422_202806_resized.jpg 20180422_202820_resized.jpg

Upvote 80

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got ya. It would be fun to start a "treasurenet world records" category. Like most rings found in a hunt, most silvers found in hunt, most indians found in a hunt and so on. It could actually develop into something pretty detailed. I'm curious who is in the running for most indians with me. Someone has to have found more in one day in the early days of detecting.
I found 11 indians in one day and thought that would be hard to beat. Im up to around 200 from that site total though

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 11 in one day and thought that would be hard to beat. Im up to around 200 from that site total though

I found 11 last friday and thought the same, then this happened. 200 is crazy! that dwarfs my total indian collection. Before this site it was always a few here and a few there, with plenty of hunts inbetween finding em.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found 11 last friday and thought the same, then this happened. 200 is crazy! that dwarfs my total indian collection. Before this site it was always a few here and a few there, with plenty of hunts inbetween finding em.

Ive found 25 seated and two trimes from that site too. You look to be well on your way to that number

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found 25 seated and two trimes from that site too. You look to be well on your way to that number

Crossing my fingers and hoping!

One_more_hole

Jul 17, 2017
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Equinox 800; Explorer II; Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome... a banner in my opinion! Congrats🍻

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that’s hunting! Crazy congrats on what gives us the reasons to go do it again! A once in a long while site...

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ken C

Nov 18, 2017
Mt. Wolf, PA
Detector(s) used
Deus II / Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I call that one great day, congrats!!! :occasion14:

Last edited:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW that is amazing! Congrats on all that coinage!
Were you hunting the back door of a mint or a bank perhaps?
Maybe someday that will happen to me :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting