05/03 Finds at the beach

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Went to the beach few a couple hrs this a.m. Tide was dead high, so I just hunted the high tide line. Found my 2nd silver ring. It went off like a dime does, but a little sharper pitch. Started digging and dug it up at about 6". Boy did I have a smile on my face! ;D Also found a toy car, belt buckle, some clad, and some kinda commerative token from the Navy.

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 330
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0
OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Yeah the zincs seem to corrode really fast in the salt water. This morning I didn't go to my local beach, which is Hollywood. These were found at Ft. Lauderdale beach which is only about 20 min away.HH

O

ozzysdad

The thing with the hole's, I haven't seen one in year's, But it is the end of a silver sipper straw, My grandmother used to have a full set, too bad you didn't find the rest of it the tube was usually inlaid with some gold and had reallt nice design elements. I think the ones she had were dated late 1800's or early 1900's. Cool find, Brings back memorie's.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Surfrat ,Thats some cool finds,nice ring.Ozzy,thanks for the ID on the straw end.It had my (?) up.Never seen such.HH

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Ozzy, what exactly is a sipper straw? I thought it was a piece of junk and almost threw it in the garbage can at the beach with all the pull tabs.

F

Floater

Oh thats Reaqlly Nice Surfrat. come up to my beach and find all the good stuff. LOL Maybe you should tell the folks too we just had 500,000 people on the beach for the Air and Sea Show here this past weekend and you didnt even call me!!!!! I'm never talking to you again untill you call me. ;D great stuff So what the Hec is a Slipper straw.???HH

O

ozzysdad

About the Sipper Straw, They were used to keep tea leave's and coffee grounds from getting in your mouth, Mostly used by the wealthy folk, I was also told they were used as stirring and sipping the famous "Mint Julip" a combination of good bourbon and mint leave's, A favorite southern drink.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
It's about 12:30 in the morning now and I was planning a little night hunt at the beach here in Myrtle Beach tonight. I went and bought "National Treasure" today on DVD and started watching it and started getting too tired to go this late. Then, I check out your finds. Well, I'm off to the beach with a flashlight. See ya in the morning.
xXx

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
xXx said:
It's about 12:30 in the morning now and I was planning a little night hunt at the beach here in Myrtle Beach tonight.? I went and bought "National Treasure" today on DVD and started watching it and started getting too tired to go this late.? Then, I check out your finds.? Well, I'm off to the beach with a flashlight.? See ya in the morning.
xXx
LOL! It doesn't take much for me to read something on this forum and get motivated too! Hope the late night was productive. I'll be looking for your pics of the finds! HH
Surfrat96

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread