1 little....2 little....Indians

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I excitedly went back to the field site from yesterday where the man said come back on Sunday. Yesterday they had a family gathering and he asked me to come back today. Apparently my visit yesterday peaked interest among a couple of Nieces that "have" metal detectors..........and well you know the rest. The man said he had to allow family first, and after they have a go at it, then I was welcome to come back. He said he didn't even know if they would really follow through. Of all the days for me to stop and ask permission, I did it when he had a house full of family. I politely thanked him, expressed my disappointment and moved this site to the back burner.
So now I headed back to the Iron infested new site from yesterday. Field site hunting is new to me, therefore I have no experience or an understanding of what to expect. I know this much, this site is at least 2 football fields square maybe bigger and I can't get away from the Iron infestation!!!!! Luckily today I squeezed out 2 Indians!! My first ever field site Indians, a 1892 and 1879. Can anyone identify all the little copper/brass rivet thingys? Found one of the Indians in the general area of yesterdays LC and the other one 150 feet away, wow what a debris field to search. Found a cool little ornate flower pattern button and another mini ball. And the glass is cool and colorful, I don't remember ever seeing glass layered like that.
All in All it was a good day here in SW Ohio, supposed to be in the 40s the next couple days, gotta love that for late December!

Thanks for looking, Bill

Attachments

• photo (47).JPG
    photo (47).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 78
  • photo (48).JPG
    photo (48).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 79
  • photo (51).JPG
    photo (51).JPG
    69 KB · Views: 78
  • photo (52).JPG
    photo (52).JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 81
  • photo (50).JPG
    photo (50).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 71
  • photo (49).JPG
    photo (49).JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 5

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds, don't give up on that spot

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:icon_thumright: Looks like your iron-infested site is gonna produce a lot of older coins! :icon_thumright: Plus other good surprises as well. :icon_thumright:

A few of the beaches here are badly iron-infested with nails, re-bar & huge hunks of iron left over from canneries, wharves, etc. But it was at the one I'd named "Nasty Little Beach" that I pulled up a beautiful gold nugget-style unique ring right up against massive iron, the ring had been there for decades as had a thin skin of iron covering the solid gold. If you give your field some rude name like I did, you'll grin every time you head over there. Last time I went to "Nasty Little Beach", the security guy explained that just a week earlier a construction crew nearby had tossed lots of chopped nails throughout the beach section I was heading to, bummer. He had friendly suggestions about which areas would now have the least trash, nice guy.

The man who'd promised you hunts at his place should have at least told you to go ahead and detect as much as you wanted that first day you returned raring to go. :dontknow: Pretty cold fellow to just send you away that day.:BangHead: Anyhow, best of luck at your trashy field! Andi

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice green IHCs. I really like the Indians, only found 5 of them all year long. Thanks for sharing. GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread