Not open for further replies.

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow sorry about your luck. I am getting 4 boxes from a bank that has produced 8 straight skunks tomorrow. I am also picking up a couple boxes from places I haven't tried before and will post results. Seems like a lot of hard-luck stories on here lately.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My luck hasn't been as bad as that (yet), but this is the reality of searching boxes of halves. I too see a lot of marks. It's obvious we are searching each other's dumps. I honestly thing the 40% halves I recently found were either missed by someone just looking at the coin edges or were tossed back when people were less interested in halves (or even ignored by a sniping teller who only looks for coins '64 and earlier).

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up 10 boxes of havles and the results were horrible
skunk after skunk
alot of markings on coins, orange, pink and some were sprayed silver-
hopefully things pick up

Those sprayed silver might of been mine. Just dumped $2000 last week of sprayed silver halves.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't understand MrShulz. How does that keep people off your turf?

When your getting Solid Rolls of silver painted clad edges, and your checking everything, it depresses said Coin Hunter to stop searching in my area, according to eminems map, District 7.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When your getting Solid Rolls of silver painted clad edges, and your checking everything, it depresses said Coin Hunter to stop searching in my area, according to eminems map, District 7.

I am guessing you are 15, because that is not a well thought out plan. If coins do stay in the districts, what happens to you enthusiasm as soon as you start getting painted coins? Are you going to stop searching those too? Painting coins just makes no sense at all. It isn't like you can track the paint.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am guessing you are 15, because that is not a well thought out plan. If coins do stay in the districts, what happens to you enthusiasm as soon as you start getting painted coins? Are you going to stop searching those too? Painting coins just makes no sense at all. It isn't like you can track the paint.

I get painted coins, some of my own, i've gotten a few of Timzims too. I get tons of different marks. I still find silver every hunt to thats all that matters. I don't edge check so it wouldn't matter to me if I see silver painted edges.

OP
OP
onelife

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area are you in? Why would you choose silver, why not other colors.....why Silver

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get painted coins, some of my own, i've gotten a few of Timzims too. I get tons of different marks. I still find silver every hunt to thats all that matters. I don't edge check so it wouldn't matter to me if I see silver painted edges.

If you are getting some of TZ's dumps than that right there blows the theory of the coins staying in the district. TZ dumps in Atlantic City. That is a different district from Iowa. So, you aren't chasing anyone off in your area...........

Last edited by a moderator:

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are getting some of TZ's dumps than that right there blows the theory of the coins staying in the district. TZ dumps in Atlantic City. That is a different district from Iowa. So, you aren't chasing anyone off in your area.

I never said they stay in districts. I said to stay out of my district, noob. Pay attention to what I say before you attack and swear at me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I never said they stay in districts. I said to stay out of my district, noob. Pay attention to what I say before you attack and swear at me.

AND FYI, I've ran into 2 other CRHer's and during our convo, asked me if I was the one who painted halves and dimes silver.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I do not like painting coins personally, I could care less if someone wants to spend their time doing it. I do however highly doubt it would ever "chase people off your turf."

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys shared which armored carrier was your pickup and which handled your dumps, you might be able to work together to get the stored halves from the pickup carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread