Half silver Balboa and 1918 walking liberty

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last box of the the night had a big surprise. I don't you guys but from time to time I find half balboas (panama coins) in my rolls. They have the same exact measures of the US Half's. I always find clad balboas 1980-present but today I find a 1947 and that is made of silver. I also found my oldest walking liberty 1918.

I think I broke the spell because the last two weeks I was averaging 2 40% in $6000. This last $3000 produce 20 90% and 95 40% plus the liberty and the balboa. Sad that some son of his mother with not respect to coins drill two holes to the coin :BangHead:

Upvote 0

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
::whimpers in sympathy:: How dare they desecrate such a gorgeous coin. But look at the bright side. at least it wasn't the walker they decided to punch into.

Sweet find! I'm jealous (=) LOL <j/k> )

Hugs and Smiles, Garoulady

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::whimpers in sympathy:: How dare they desecrate such a gorgeous coin. But look at the bright side. at least it wasn't the walker they decided to punch into.

Sweet find! I'm jealous (=) LOL <j/k> )

Hugs and Smiles, Garoulady

It's a well worn coin. Based on the patina and the holes, I have a feeling it was worn as jewelry. That to me seems more like they appreciated it daily rather than kept it in a case. Rustling jimmies over holes in circulated coins?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread