Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out with Ironhorse yesterday, walked some new fields, found a couple of new sites, and had a good day... but nothing too old and no real winners for me in the finds department. Our last site was in a nice little field in an old area we have not detected much before, and that will be a good place to resume when things start again in the Spring of 2016. Today it is snowing, tomorrow it will be snowing, and there does seem to be the slightest window for temps. towards the end of the week, but that includes rain which would make for some pretty sloppy conditions. Once the weekend passes the temps. drop substantially more, and then It's the holidays, so basically what I'm saying is I'm pretty sure this is my last finds post for the year... sure enough that all my gear gets cleaned up and put away this morning.

It was great year for finds, sites, and memories, and I look forward to 2016. I had picked out 3 things over last Winter that I really wanted to find, and were possible at the sites I hunt, and I didn't find any of those three, but found 2 in the same categories that I like every bit as much, so I guess you can say in a way I found what I was looking for. IP signing off. :)

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/484197-2015-review-had-its-moments.html

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 131
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 140
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Upvote 12

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear that you have enjoyed your last hunt for 2015 IP. Looks like you pulled a nice assortment of finds. I believe we are total opposites when it comes to MDing. I am a coin shooter who enjoys digging the occasional old relic and I see you as a relic hunter who enjoys digging the occasional old coin. Time to clean up the gear and pull the batteries. You sure do dig up some old history.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Such a dramatic post signing off like that IP! Lol.

Joking aside it was a good hunt and Many of us know the feeling and meaning of Winter cleaning. But alas, soon it will be spring, and with the warmth new colonial coins and buttons will sprout, replenishing the ones from last year. Ah, the seasons. Lol.

Great year IP. Cheers bud

Steve

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that you have enjoyed your last hunt for 2015 IP. Looks like you pulled a nice assortment of finds. I believe we are total opposites when it comes to MDing. I am a coin shooter who enjoys digging the occasional old relic and I see you as a relic hunter who enjoys digging the occasional old coin. Time to clean up the gear and pull the batteries. You sure do dig up some old history.

Oh no, I love coins every bit as much, I've just had more success for relics this Fall. Those coppers here is sort of like what common date indian heads are in many states, they don't thrill you, but at the same time you're not throwing any back. :)

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such a dramatic post signing off like that IP! Lol.

Joking aside it was a good hunt and Many of us know the feeling and meaning of Winter cleaning. But alas, soon it will be spring, and with the warmth new colonial coins and buttons will sprout, replenishing the ones from last year. Ah, the seasons. Lol.

Great year IP. Cheers bud

Steve

I'm totally cool with it. There's other things I want to do so hanging up the coil is not a big deal. I got out plenty enough to get my fix and Ironhorse was game to chase my ideas for better or for worse, so we shut it down pretty much crossing everywhere off the list I wanted to try. This year I did a little more research than previous years and will continue to do that as it does make our hunts much more productive, plus I absolutely hate trying to think of where to go on the fly..... so much better heading straight to the site. This Winter I'll likely put in some time to find sites to make the most of the Spring as it tends to be a fairly short one here before the fields are planted.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
We have worked a lot harder for a lot less; it shows at the end of the day!
Along the way we've knocked on dozens of doors, met many people from every corner, and walked the land of long gone colonists. Not to mention all the cool stuff we picked up along the way!
I guess I'll have to concede to the weather, if it wasn't for that we would be making plans for our next hunt!
No doubt we will be picking up again next time right where we left off and trying a whole bunch of new and exciting places!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have worked a lot harder for a lot less; it shows at the end of the day!
Along the way we've knocked on dozens of doors, met many people from every corner, and walked the land of long gone colonists. Not to mention all the cool stuff we picked up along the way!
I guess I'll have to concede to the weather, if it wasn't for that we would be making plans for our next hunt!
No doubt we will be picking up again next time right where we left off and trying a whole bunch of new and exciting places!

In 2016 we'll have to take a trip to the South-West, and far West, really the only places we've never swung a detector. I'm sure we can make our day just as easy up there, but I'm also curious what was in circulation in those parts. I also doubt anyone has ever detected those places so we can cherry pick all the oldest and best sites and areas. And on the way we can try that military site marked on the map that we never made it back to.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got at least a half dozen very decent finds on your "last" hunt. The oval broach (brooch) and silver in particular. I'd have been quite happy to have any one of on my last hunt.

10-4, rodger, over and out.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm totally cool with it. There's other things I want to do so hanging up the coil is not a big deal. I got out plenty enough to get my fix and Ironhorse was game to chase my ideas for better or for worse, so we shut it down pretty much crossing everywhere off the list I wanted to try. This year I did a little more research than previous years and will continue to do that as it does make our hunts much more productive, plus I absolutely hate trying to think of where to go on the fly..... so much better heading straight to the site. This Winter I'll likely put in some time to find sites to make the most of the Spring as it tends to be a fairly short one here before the fields are planted.

You had a great season digging up some pretty awesome finds. We're always in awe over the amount of coinage that comes out of your sites compared to our area. It's kind of strange weather wise as we'll have another couple of weeks of digging here at least before any signs of getting frozen up as the daytime temps are in the + range right up to the end of the month. It takes research and lots of it and the better a person becomes in that department the better the finds I believe. Keep reading, digging up the possible old forgotten sites as one of these springs I might knock on the door jam looking for a place to hunt. :)

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
In 2016 we'll have to take a trip to the South-West, and far West, really the only places we've never swung a detector. I'm sure we can make our day just as easy up there, but I'm also curious what was in circulation in those parts. I also doubt anyone has ever detected those places so we can cherry pick all the oldest and best sites and areas. And on the way we can try that military site marked on the map that we never made it back to.

I think that's a great plan!
Ah yes, I forgot about that militia training ground, a good place to keep in mind; the others we detected were very good, this one shouldn't be any different I hope!

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys had a great year. I loved seeing all those old buttons and coppers.
And it looks like your last hunt of the season was a pretty good one.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds IP, I remain hopeful for our neck of the woods and maybe...just maybe Rick and I can get out again before the ground turns to concrete, but it sure isn't looking good for you guys.
ZDD

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
11 coins...sweet looking buttons...that's a great hunt...you made some incredible finds this year..Congrats

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking group of finds!!! Love those little silver Canadian 5c's!!!!!!:occasion14:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs IP, the copper trail has been good to you.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Coins are cool but i like the buttons and relics the most:icon_thumright:

He predicts you will have a good 2016...

~Blaze~

Attachments

• ddhj4m8r_137dp88jwcx_b.jpeg
    ddhj4m8r_137dp88jwcx_b.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins are cool but i like the buttons and relics the most:icon_thumright:

He predicts you will have a good 2016...

~Blaze~

Yes, that's always the look he has on his face when he knows I'm going to kill it detecting. :happysmiley:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
This is why i will do my best to assure you never ever ever get a photo of me!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a shame your season is so short, because you always have some great colonial finds. Will be watching for them in the spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread