12 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!!

My second time out after getting clearance from the doc to return to work and life. I hit two schools in the same school district I hunted on the Sunday of my contest weekend a month ago. Both were nicely loaded with lots of finds, I was kept very busy.

I while back, I told Mirage that one of my dream days would be to find 10 rings in one hunt. When I said it, I didn't really think it would possible, more like a dream. Well, this day, the dream came true. I had a pouchful of goodies at both schools and in the mix, 12 rings total. 2 nice goldies, 2 silver ones, and 8 junque rings. One of the junk ones is actually a nice keeper, more on that later.

At the first school, I had covered all the woodchips and had a nice haul including a nice sterling silver chain and an old religious pendant. There was a nice little mound with two trees right in between two of the play areas and we had an inch of rain yesterday, so I scanned this area also. I found both gold rings in this grassy area. The first one is a pretty little kids filligree signet ring (K), stamped 14K. The second is a lady's inital ring (g) and stamped 10K. I was really happy to pull these goldies wooowhooo!! In this same area I found my first "Large cent" of the year.lol, it's a approx 3 inch diameter 1995D lincoln penny fob of some kind. It was hit by a lawmower too and gave a very loud signal on the ole trusty Garrett, thought it was a pop can. This school is pretty old, probably opened in the 1950's so I think this fall, I may get back here and cover the grassy areas better. Could be silver coins here I think.

I found one old ring in the grass area that isn't gold or silver but might have some value to it. It's a Huckleberry Hound "Huck Hound Club" ring. It's pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUCKBERRY-HOUND...oryZ1534QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

At the second school, the were tons of finds in the chips. I was busy. I found both sterling rings here. Both were in the swings area, farthest away from the swings, near the edge of the woodchip border. One is a sterling spoon ring, very pretty and shined up nice. Stamped "Rogers and Oneita". The other one is a beauty. It's some kind of art deco style ring, with a large pear shaped garnet gemstone (I think) and is stamped "Sterling" with the maker mark " Kabara". It's a pretty cool ring! This school was old too, but I was pretty tired and my back was aching a bit, so I called it day and didn't search any of the grassy areas.

It was a great day out there, I had fun and the weather was perfect. Here's the totals.
4 - 1/2 hours total hunt time.
225 coins for a $11.37 face value (lots of pennies this day...lol)
Nice lot of keepers!! and lot of trinkets too.
The 12 rings total - puts my at 102 rings this season! 16 gold, 15 silver, 71 junque.
(thanks to PGill for pointing out there are 12 rings...dahhh) :)

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to you all! Here's some photos of my finds. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Dirty T.jpg
    Dirty T.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7,902
  • Dirty.jpg
    Dirty.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 7,830
  • July 28th T.jpg
    July 28th T.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7,780
  • July 28 F.jpg
    July 28 F.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 7,705
  • 11 rings F.jpg
    11 rings F.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7,665
  • 11 rings T.jpg
    11 rings T.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7,784
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7,582
Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
That was an incredible day for sure, totally amazing. :) So many great finds it's hard to pick out one.

Thanks for sharing and HH.

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Glad to see your back and swingin' like a mad man, BDoo!

Nice collection of rings,

Congrats on the banner!

Thanks for sharing.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job BDoo and really glad you're doing better!

We're either not as wealthy or as careless as those kids in Michigan ;D

That's one incredible ring haul..I especially like the Huckleberry Hound ring..I'm old enough to remember Huckleberry Hound on TV and even remember the HH on wheels my parents got me for Christmas in 1965.

They just replenished all the wood chips in the entire district here..it was my luck I covered them all before they put in the new wood! I can't wait till school starts again, I'll be hitting 'em all again this fall.

Take care and keep it up, I'm really glad for you!

Nat

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your accomplishment is simply stated...

OUTRAGEOUS!

HH from M2

Attachments

• animation38.gif
    animation38.gif
    6 KB · Views: 5,752
  • animation38.gif
    animation38.gif
    6 KB · Views: 5,752

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds...Looks like you saved all of your luck while you weren't able to hunt and then went wild...Dang nice finds!

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super find BDoo, that's the way to show 'em . . .

BTW, what type of schools do you like to hunt? Are they high schools, middle schools?

Thanks, Jack

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: 11 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

civilman1 said:
A NEW WORLD RECORD!!!!.....Unbelievable Bdoo,nice job!!!

lol, well, a personal record at least. I am pretty sure those surfer dudes find a pouchful of rings once in a while. ;D Just had a cool thought, Max on a surfboard!! ;D ;D

Thanks CM!!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: 11 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

pgill said:
Hey Doo, do I not count 12 rings in the photo's ??? I would be happy with 1 ring ::) What an amazing day you had, glad to see you are up and about.... get better, and all the best for the future..

God bless
Peter

Thanks again for straightening me out.
I guess I had the Huck Hound ring kind of separated from the "keepers" and "Trinket" rings when I counted them and didn't count that in.

God bless ya brother!!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Montana Jim said:
Why you SON-OF-A-B!^(# !!!!!!

Man-oh-man that a great day of diggin' Bdoo!

Congratulations!

Now I dont even wanna post the crap I found today... :-[ WTG!!

Wow Jim,
you had me and my kids rolling on the floor yesterday after reading this.
Thanks for making my day
a lot happier!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Cubfan64 said:
That's a real load of digging!!! I bow to the master!!! Excellent day

lol, you all are crackin me up... but seriously,
thanks a lot, very inspirational!!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
piggman1 said:
All I can say is WOW!!!!!! I'm speachless. You are the man!

Thanks PM!! I was too, then I took a nap and got some life back in me :)

Thanks for the great comment my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
weasel606 said:
awesome day man thats alot of rings for a day WTG ;)

Thanks so much Weas!!! I knew I had found a lot but was really surprized when I finally dumped out the pouch at home. I rarely stap hunting wjhile I am out in the field, hunt time is precious with my busy schedule.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
tabfinder said:
You make me very ill Bdoo.....I never find that much in the chips around here.....where is it exactly that you live again??? Heeheeeheee ::)

The ole trusty Garrett TR machine helps!

Can't you see in my profile, right in the middle of a large woodchipped play area. ;D (that's in my hometown) That was the school I took the photos that ended up on the cover of W&E T mag this Feb.

Thanks for the friendly comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
kieser sousa said:
Man and i thought i was doing good finding just 1 silver ring today ! That's a very cool haul Bdoo ! ;D

1 silver ring is definitely a good day, I will take that ant time. Thanks for stopping in and smiling me! ;D

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Merf said:
What a great day you had BDoo. :o
Congrats-----With finds like that you can almost quit your day job. ;D

Well, that's a nice dream Merf, I wish!!
If trinkets were worth something, I would have it made.
I have a box full of those (and a half a box of keepers ;) )

Thanks buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread