12 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!!

My second time out after getting clearance from the doc to return to work and life. I hit two schools in the same school district I hunted on the Sunday of my contest weekend a month ago. Both were nicely loaded with lots of finds, I was kept very busy.

I while back, I told Mirage that one of my dream days would be to find 10 rings in one hunt. When I said it, I didn't really think it would possible, more like a dream. Well, this day, the dream came true. I had a pouchful of goodies at both schools and in the mix, 12 rings total. 2 nice goldies, 2 silver ones, and 8 junque rings. One of the junk ones is actually a nice keeper, more on that later.

At the first school, I had covered all the woodchips and had a nice haul including a nice sterling silver chain and an old religious pendant. There was a nice little mound with two trees right in between two of the play areas and we had an inch of rain yesterday, so I scanned this area also. I found both gold rings in this grassy area. The first one is a pretty little kids filligree signet ring (K), stamped 14K. The second is a lady's inital ring (g) and stamped 10K. I was really happy to pull these goldies wooowhooo!! In this same area I found my first "Large cent" of the year.lol, it's a approx 3 inch diameter 1995D lincoln penny fob of some kind. It was hit by a lawmower too and gave a very loud signal on the ole trusty Garrett, thought it was a pop can. This school is pretty old, probably opened in the 1950's so I think this fall, I may get back here and cover the grassy areas better. Could be silver coins here I think.

I found one old ring in the grass area that isn't gold or silver but might have some value to it. It's a Huckleberry Hound "Huck Hound Club" ring. It's pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUCKBERRY-HOUND...oryZ1534QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

At the second school, the were tons of finds in the chips. I was busy. I found both sterling rings here. Both were in the swings area, farthest away from the swings, near the edge of the woodchip border. One is a sterling spoon ring, very pretty and shined up nice. Stamped "Rogers and Oneita". The other one is a beauty. It's some kind of art deco style ring, with a large pear shaped garnet gemstone (I think) and is stamped "Sterling" with the maker mark " Kabara". It's a pretty cool ring! This school was old too, but I was pretty tired and my back was aching a bit, so I called it day and didn't search any of the grassy areas.

It was a great day out there, I had fun and the weather was perfect. Here's the totals.
4 - 1/2 hours total hunt time.
225 coins for a $11.37 face value (lots of pennies this day...lol)
Nice lot of keepers!! and lot of trinkets too.
The 12 rings total - puts my at 102 rings this season! 16 gold, 15 silver, 71 junque.
(thanks to PGill for pointing out there are 12 rings...dahhh) :)

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to you all! Here's some photos of my finds. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Dirty T.jpg
    Dirty T.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7,902
  • Dirty.jpg
    Dirty.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 7,830
  • July 28th T.jpg
    July 28th T.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7,780
  • July 28 F.jpg
    July 28 F.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 7,705
  • 11 rings F.jpg
    11 rings F.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7,665
  • 11 rings T.jpg
    11 rings T.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7,784
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7,582
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Stormtrooper154 said:
WTG BDoo!!! I am still amazed at home many rings you find! Your a machine man, A machine!

The machine needs to be oiled...lol.
Thanks for the great comment my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That is a lot of rings to find at one time! 2 gold and 2 silver - awesome! WTG

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow what a haul! Fantastic! WTG! You must be Lord Of The Rings!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SCOOBY! :o Oh my gosh! 8) You had a fantastic hunt!!! You know, your end-of-the-year photo's are going to be something else! :o

Congrats and glad you are feeling better! :-* Nana

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
wow, that is a day to remember those aren't cheap ugly rings either, i know now what is possible in one day ,good job

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you are just taking it easy and building back up to MDing, LOL! That's about 6 months worth for me. Nice finds Bdoo and HH, Mike

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow...270 minutes / approximately 235 holes(give or take) = an average of one find every 1.14 minutes and time to cover all holes neatly(right?).

outstanding. please make a video so we all can see. i am desperate to dig up my first ring at the two 1951 schools near my home. thanks. oh and congrats on the good bill of health from the doc.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Bobby,

That is both incredible and inspirational.

I have had medical and other issues for a bit of time now. Have not MDed since perhaps last Sep or Aug of last year. I really can't remember when. I did take my 7 year old daughter to use her new detector late Dec. or perhaps early Jan of this year. She just as she predicted found a ring on her first swing of her new child detector, let that be a lesson to the detector used dollar wise. It certainly doesn't take a super detector.

Anyways, congratulations on this incredible day, and more importantly MAJOR delayed congrats on your success being recorded, WOW super great to be a lead story in a treasure magazine. But then again you consistantly have great days here, and seeing parts of it all combined is truly amazing, much less this pile of finds from just one day.

Have to go. Been meaning to congratulate you for the magazine, but severe carpal tunnel and other issues have kept me away and will keep me away for atleast a bit longer.

Great job,

Doug

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Absolutely incredible!! as always! ;) Great finds and congrats on reaching and exceeding your goal! :D

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Dam Bdoo, what do you use a vacuum cleaner???? Wow thats alot of diggin' Super congrats on some sweet finds.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man!! you are on fire Bdoo! its good to see you back at it. how have you been feeling?

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Catching up a bit Bdoo.

Does look like a great day. ;D That's a lot of rings! I'm still in denial. Just can't imagine that happening around here.

Bob

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Bobby, you are totally amazing! When I grow up I wanna be like you who who! (from Jungle Book). I'm still looking for spots like you have down there. When I came through Cleveland yesterday I caught glimpses of tot lots in the middle of crowded city streets...don't think for a minute that I wasn't tempted to pull off the toll road at the next exit and find them. It looks like you have healed nicely...maybe even better than before your accident...or it could be the drugs! LOL ;D Welcome back my friend.

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250
What are your finds like in the last 6 days since you posted these Bobby, I bet they are spectacular as well !!!!!!!! Great Job, just amazing finds .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread