12 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!!

My second time out after getting clearance from the doc to return to work and life. I hit two schools in the same school district I hunted on the Sunday of my contest weekend a month ago. Both were nicely loaded with lots of finds, I was kept very busy.

I while back, I told Mirage that one of my dream days would be to find 10 rings in one hunt. When I said it, I didn't really think it would possible, more like a dream. Well, this day, the dream came true. I had a pouchful of goodies at both schools and in the mix, 12 rings total. 2 nice goldies, 2 silver ones, and 8 junque rings. One of the junk ones is actually a nice keeper, more on that later.

At the first school, I had covered all the woodchips and had a nice haul including a nice sterling silver chain and an old religious pendant. There was a nice little mound with two trees right in between two of the play areas and we had an inch of rain yesterday, so I scanned this area also. I found both gold rings in this grassy area. The first one is a pretty little kids filligree signet ring (K), stamped 14K. The second is a lady's inital ring (g) and stamped 10K. I was really happy to pull these goldies wooowhooo!! In this same area I found my first "Large cent" of the year.lol, it's a approx 3 inch diameter 1995D lincoln penny fob of some kind. It was hit by a lawmower too and gave a very loud signal on the ole trusty Garrett, thought it was a pop can. This school is pretty old, probably opened in the 1950's so I think this fall, I may get back here and cover the grassy areas better. Could be silver coins here I think.

I found one old ring in the grass area that isn't gold or silver but might have some value to it. It's a Huckleberry Hound "Huck Hound Club" ring. It's pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUCKBERRY-HOUND...oryZ1534QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

At the second school, the were tons of finds in the chips. I was busy. I found both sterling rings here. Both were in the swings area, farthest away from the swings, near the edge of the woodchip border. One is a sterling spoon ring, very pretty and shined up nice. Stamped "Rogers and Oneita". The other one is a beauty. It's some kind of art deco style ring, with a large pear shaped garnet gemstone (I think) and is stamped "Sterling" with the maker mark " Kabara". It's a pretty cool ring! This school was old too, but I was pretty tired and my back was aching a bit, so I called it day and didn't search any of the grassy areas.

It was a great day out there, I had fun and the weather was perfect. Here's the totals.
4 - 1/2 hours total hunt time.
225 coins for a $11.37 face value (lots of pennies this day...lol)
Nice lot of keepers!! and lot of trinkets too.
The 12 rings total - puts my at 102 rings this season! 16 gold, 15 silver, 71 junque.
(thanks to PGill for pointing out there are 12 rings...dahhh) :)

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to you all! Here's some photos of my finds. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Dirty T.jpg
    Dirty T.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7,902
  • Dirty.jpg
    Dirty.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 7,830
  • July 28th T.jpg
    July 28th T.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7,780
  • July 28 F.jpg
    July 28 F.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 7,705
  • 11 rings F.jpg
    11 rings F.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7,665
  • 11 rings T.jpg
    11 rings T.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7,784
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7,582
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Postalrevnant said:
Bobby,

That is both incredible and inspirational.

I have had medical and other issues for a bit of time now. Have not MDed since perhaps last Sep or Aug of last year. I really can't remember when. I did take my 7 year old daughter to use her new detector late Dec. or perhaps early Jan of this year. She just as she predicted found a ring on her first swing of her new child detector, let that be a lesson to the detector used dollar wise. It certainly doesn't take a super detector.

Anyways, congratulations on this incredible day, and more importantly MAJOR delayed congrats on your success being recorded, WOW super great to be a lead story in a treasure magazine. But then again you consistantly have great days here, and seeing parts of it all combined is truly amazing, much less this pile of finds from just one day.

Have to go. Been meaning to congratulate you for the magazine, but severe carpal tunnel and other issues have kept me away and will keep me away for atleast a bit longer.

Great job,

Doug

WOW!!!!!!!!!
I was so happy to see you back here Doug. I missed you and was really worried about you. Thanks for the PM buddy!!! It was great to hear from you. Get back again soon please.

Thanks!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
finderzzs said:
Dam Bdoo, what do you use a vacuum cleaner???? Wow thats alot of diggin' Super congrats on some sweet finds.

Yep, I guess sort of vacuum, appreciate your comment, thank you Finderman!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
hollowpointred said:
man!! you are on fire Bdoo! its good to see you back at it. how have you been feeling?

Hiya HP! Been dooing better every day. This week, I finally actually felt like my old self memtally at least. Still some stiffness and headaches, but I can deakl with that. Getting out and hunting helps with the mental part making me happy and that is half the bettle, staying happy helps!

Thanks a lot, appreciate it my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D you had one heck of a hunt on this one, I've been doing a lot of water hunting the past couple years and have been finding a lot more jewelry than normal, I use to just dig the coin signals but since I got my water detector I've been going after it more and on land I've been digging them pulltab signals it's a lot of fun finding that gold. I'd like to someday go somewhere and hunt nuggets, my plans are saving all the gold and silver jewelry and when I can officially retire I really want to turn it all in for a trip to Alaska hunting for nuggets. . . cool finds.

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. , Expl.II & Excalibur
A good day indeed. I found a good lake that had not been hunted much and netted 9 gold rings and 7 silver rings. My best so far, except for the 2008 NYG Super Bowl ring I found on Mrytle Beach in June 2008. Good Luck. Steviewhite - Fayetteville, WV

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Now thats how you get back into the saddle.....CONGRATS and welcome back!!!

Happy Hunting,

Dugholes

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Are you sure you did not knock over the local pawn shop. I have 12 rings for the entire year, you folks back there must have lots of money for that many rings to get lost so quick. Or maybe could it be that it has been so cold that everyones fingers are shrinking & they are just falling off. Any way that was a great hunt.

PS-RI

Nov 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer se with x-1 sunray probe
nice haul way to go :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread