12 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!!

My second time out after getting clearance from the doc to return to work and life. I hit two schools in the same school district I hunted on the Sunday of my contest weekend a month ago. Both were nicely loaded with lots of finds, I was kept very busy.

I while back, I told Mirage that one of my dream days would be to find 10 rings in one hunt. When I said it, I didn't really think it would possible, more like a dream. Well, this day, the dream came true. I had a pouchful of goodies at both schools and in the mix, 12 rings total. 2 nice goldies, 2 silver ones, and 8 junque rings. One of the junk ones is actually a nice keeper, more on that later.

At the first school, I had covered all the woodchips and had a nice haul including a nice sterling silver chain and an old religious pendant. There was a nice little mound with two trees right in between two of the play areas and we had an inch of rain yesterday, so I scanned this area also. I found both gold rings in this grassy area. The first one is a pretty little kids filligree signet ring (K), stamped 14K. The second is a lady's inital ring (g) and stamped 10K. I was really happy to pull these goldies wooowhooo!! In this same area I found my first "Large cent" of the year.lol, it's a approx 3 inch diameter 1995D lincoln penny fob of some kind. It was hit by a lawmower too and gave a very loud signal on the ole trusty Garrett, thought it was a pop can. This school is pretty old, probably opened in the 1950's so I think this fall, I may get back here and cover the grassy areas better. Could be silver coins here I think.

I found one old ring in the grass area that isn't gold or silver but might have some value to it. It's a Huckleberry Hound "Huck Hound Club" ring. It's pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUCKBERRY-HOUND...oryZ1534QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

At the second school, the were tons of finds in the chips. I was busy. I found both sterling rings here. Both were in the swings area, farthest away from the swings, near the edge of the woodchip border. One is a sterling spoon ring, very pretty and shined up nice. Stamped "Rogers and Oneita". The other one is a beauty. It's some kind of art deco style ring, with a large pear shaped garnet gemstone (I think) and is stamped "Sterling" with the maker mark " Kabara". It's a pretty cool ring! This school was old too, but I was pretty tired and my back was aching a bit, so I called it day and didn't search any of the grassy areas.

It was a great day out there, I had fun and the weather was perfect. Here's the totals.
4 - 1/2 hours total hunt time.
225 coins for a $11.37 face value (lots of pennies this day...lol)
Nice lot of keepers!! and lot of trinkets too.
The 12 rings total - puts my at 102 rings this season! 16 gold, 15 silver, 71 junque.
(thanks to PGill for pointing out there are 12 rings...dahhh) :)

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to you all! Here's some photos of my finds. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Dirty T.jpg
    Dirty T.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7,902
  • Dirty.jpg
    Dirty.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 7,830
  • July 28th T.jpg
    July 28th T.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7,780
  • July 28 F.jpg
    July 28 F.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 7,705
  • 11 rings F.jpg
    11 rings F.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7,665
  • 11 rings T.jpg
    11 rings T.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7,784
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7,582
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Leon said:
Wow!, what a spread, WTG!!!!
Love the old "Huckleberry Hound" ring, very cool...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

For sure, that was a cool find. I have to get back to this school in the fall when the ground is soft and moist and grid the grassy areas. It's a pretty old school.
Thanks for the read and friendly comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
9volt said:
wow man...looks like nobody in your town can seem to buy a ring that fits and you come along and scoop them up...what a deal ....way cool congrats

Actually, I think it's my ole Garrett, my technics, and digging it all, non disc. Everywhere I go there are traces or prvious MD'ers having been there within the past several months. But, there are some rich areas around here and that makes a difference too. Thanks for stopping in!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
coolcash2004 said:
Wow!

Congrats on the most excellent of finds Bdoo!

I am predicting a platinum for you next time!

-CC

Thanks CC
I would love to find a platinum ring. I had found one in my career, but it was stolen in 2002 with the rest of my goodies in the break in. Thanks for putting the cool thought in my head, I guess you never know what will come out of the ground next. We'll see?

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
soar697877 said:
BDoo,

Thats the way to make a comeback for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like alot of nice treasure to rekindle the spirit !!!

Great Haul, keep up the outstanding example for us all to drool over, yup !!!

For sure Soar, thanks for the friendly reply, it inspirers me big time!! Best of luck to you too!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bdoo,

Way cool my friend...

You are the DIGMIESTER... ;D

Congrats on the silver and gold plus the 200+ CLAD....GEEEEESH,

INFREEEKINGCREDIBLE!!!

Nick

lol, you are cracking me up, thanks for the support and smiles master Nick man!
Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
zoyboy said:
Bdoo, you are the king of tot lots! Keep up the great sweepin' in Michigan, bud!

P.S. I think that you are due for another article in W & E!

Hiya Zoyster! Thanks for the read and reply.
Maybe on another article, been thinking about a couple perspective themes.
Cheers and good luck to you dudes!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ant said:
That was an incredible day for sure, totally amazing. :) So many great finds it's hard to pick out one.

Thanks for sharing and HH.

Thanks Ant, hope you are getting out and scooping up some goodies too. Appreciate it buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
paul1410 said:
Glad to see your back and swingin' like a mad man, BDoo!

Nice collection of rings,

Congrats on the banner!

Thanks for sharing.

Thank a lot Paul!! Good luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Natman said:
Great job BDoo and really glad you're doing better!

We're either not as wealthy or as careless as those kids in Michigan ;D

That's one incredible ring haul..I especially like the Huckleberry Hound ring..I'm old enough to remember Huckleberry Hound on TV and even remember the HH on wheels my parents got me for Christmas in 1965.

They just replenished all the wood chips in the entire district here..it was my luck I covered them all before they put in the new wood! I can't wait till school starts again, I'll be hitting 'em all again this fall.

Take care and keep it up, I'm really glad for you!

Nat

Fresh chips are the best! At first it sucks because it buries what is there but after a few weeks it improves. The items dissapear in new chips instantly when dropped whereas older chips the items can be seen on top easier. Good luck to you Nat, Thanks for the great comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
DANGLANGLEY said:
Amazing finds...Looks like you saved all of your luck while you weren't able to hunt and then went wild...Dang nice finds!

It was a very lucky day and my instincts served me well also getting lucky going over the exact right spot on the goldies in the grass area. Thanks for the read and awesome comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
JackInFlorida said:
Super find BDoo, that's the way to show 'em . . .

BTW, what type of schools do you like to hunt? Are they high schools, middle schools?

Thanks, Jack

Hi Jack

I pretty much have been hitting just the elementary schools so far. I think like Pigman, I will scan some of the soccer fields at the bigger schools this fall and next spring when the ground moistens up. Thanks for the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
history hunter said:
That is a lot of rings to find at one time! 2 gold and 2 silver - awesome! WTG

For sure, a rare but great day maybe never to happen again, so I'll take it!
Thanks for stopping in and taking time to reply!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nana40 said:
SCOOBY! :o Oh my gosh! 8) You had a fantastic hunt!!! You know, your end-of-the-year photo's are going to be something else! :o

Congrats and glad you are feeling better! :-* Nana

Thank you Nana. I was thinking that I wouldn't be able this year to match last years haul, but looking at my treasure chest, I think I am ahead already. Appreciate all your great replies, thanks again!

Smiles
Scooberoonio

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
treasureguy said:
wow, that is a day to remember those aren't cheap ugly rings either, i know now what is possible in one day ,good job

Many thanks Treasureguy! Best of luck to you out there! I hope yu get em too!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bavaria Mike said:
Good to see you are just taking it easy and building back up to MDing, LOL! That's about 6 months worth for me. Nice finds Bdoo and HH, Mike

lol, definitely taking it easy... spoiled rotton with the "easy" pickins in the woodchips. I always push it, in everything I doo...lol. Thanks Mike!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
TokenFinder said:
wow...270 minutes / approximately 235 holes(give or take) = an average of one find every 1.14 minutes and time to cover all holes neatly(right?).

outstanding. please make a video so we all can see. i am desperate to dig up my first ring at the two 1951 schools near my home. thanks. oh and congrats on the good bill of health from the doc.

Pillaging the woodchips is about 90% easier then digging in the grass and with my technics, I cover A LOT of grund quickly meaning.... more finds. Of cource I cover up every hole dug, take every dug piece of trash and dispose of it, usually hundreds of trashes per hunt as I hunt all metal, no disc, and dig it all. As you know, I sent you PM, explaining all my technics and how I am able to get all this booty in such a short time. Thanks for the reply! Good luck to you!

There were many multi coin finds as usual for me and remember, a lot of times in the chips the coins are 1/4" down, recovery takes like 5 seconds.

I would think I did recover over 450 items this day though, trash, coins, and jewelry.

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread