14K, Diamond and the Tax Token.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***UPDATE*****
Took my find to my favorite Jeweler. Here's what he said.

"1/4 Carat Diamond, 7 gram mount. Very nice work. Would Retail for about $1,100."

Best $$$ value find ever. Wooo Hooo.

So, earlier today, I was sitting around contemplating what to do with my two days off. Other than a the overwhelming amount of deeds on my procrastination list, I thought about the potential for rain tonight and tomorrow. Bummer, I thought. So I made a trip the TNET to catch up on the "Today's Finds". I looked at my posting logs and realized, it's been forever since I had any real finds. Realizing the obvious, "You can't find if you don't hunt". Then I went to YouTube to watch other dig up hoards of Gold. Frustrated, I looked over at my Wife and said, "See you later, I'm going Hunting". she said "but dear, it's dark out". "I don't care, I need to find something".

I walked my self up to a local spot in the dark and started hunting the wood chips. I found a silver ring there two weeks ago that I didnt get around to posting. So I'm swinging hoping for a good quarter signal. Nickles start showing up, and I'm thinking " Nickles and Gold Rings LOL". What the FREAK is this Shinny thing. OMG, GOLD IN THE WOOD CHIPS, NOT POSSIBLE. 14K with a big diamond in the middle. (A first) I ran back to the house so my wife could Celebrate with me and headed back out for more hunting. AT NIGHT.

Golden.JPG
Zoom.JPG

I didn't find any more gold, but my last signal came up shaped like a coin and turned out to be a Washington State Tax Token. Another First for me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_tax_token
Tax_Token.JPG

And the Change, a whopping $3.08.

The Moral of the Story, at least for me is, Life is going to kick you in the teeth no matter what. It's gonna suck all the life out of you and give you ever reason to fret. So you might as well go Hunting.

I went out hunting tonight hoping only to escape the Ho Hum, expecting nothing, and come home with Four firsts, My first Gold of 2017, My first Real Diamond, My first Gold found in Wood Chips, and my first Tax Token.
Life is now better, at least for now.
God Bless you all.

Happy Hunting
MariposaGold.

Last edited:
Upvote 29

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice ring! I need to try out night detecting this year. Sounds like fun.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dude!! A Washington tax token in California?? I have dug a few of them up here in WAz

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations!

Gold and ice is always nice... so do it twice and thrice then the machine has paid its price!

Nice bunch of firsts to knock out.

Good hunting to you. :headbang:

OP
OP
M

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!

Gold and ice is always nice... so do it twice and thrice then the machine has paid its price!

Nice bunch of firsts to knock out.

Good hunting to you. :headbang:

I actually forgot "First Ice". So it's really four not three.

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
That rings is awesome and in the wood.Wow. Sometime when we decide to go MD there a magic moment, some feeling this is gone happen, and it did to you.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to come out of hibernation, that's the way to do it! Great finds!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the fine hunt and following your intuition! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a couple of firsts, seems like you were meant to find them. Believe it so, make it so.

OP
OP
M

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story...I have never found Gold in the chips:BangHead: guess I need to go in the dark.LOL:metaldetector:

Yes, give it a try. Though it didn't play a part in the gold find, it did with the token, which I found in a field later. Sometimes we rely too much on the VDI numbers and might not dig a questionable signal. I found a lot more gold with my Whites Classic than my MXT, because I HAD to dig everything. My Classic paid for my MXT. Not only that, when you hunt schools and parks at night, less disruptions visually and by bystanders. For me, this started as therapeutic, just me and the beep.

Happy Hunting.
MariposaGold

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think your wife will mind you going out at night from now on great job that is sweeeeet!!!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love gold in the chips that's where I find a lot. 6 times so far.

Last edited:

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome man! Congratulations on listening to that inner nudge! Pretty gold ring was calling you...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread