14K, Diamond and the Tax Token.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***UPDATE*****
Took my find to my favorite Jeweler. Here's what he said.

"1/4 Carat Diamond, 7 gram mount. Very nice work. Would Retail for about $1,100."

Best $$$ value find ever. Wooo Hooo.

So, earlier today, I was sitting around contemplating what to do with my two days off. Other than a the overwhelming amount of deeds on my procrastination list, I thought about the potential for rain tonight and tomorrow. Bummer, I thought. So I made a trip the TNET to catch up on the "Today's Finds". I looked at my posting logs and realized, it's been forever since I had any real finds. Realizing the obvious, "You can't find if you don't hunt". Then I went to YouTube to watch other dig up hoards of Gold. Frustrated, I looked over at my Wife and said, "See you later, I'm going Hunting". she said "but dear, it's dark out". "I don't care, I need to find something".

I walked my self up to a local spot in the dark and started hunting the wood chips. I found a silver ring there two weeks ago that I didnt get around to posting. So I'm swinging hoping for a good quarter signal. Nickles start showing up, and I'm thinking " Nickles and Gold Rings LOL". What the FREAK is this Shinny thing. OMG, GOLD IN THE WOOD CHIPS, NOT POSSIBLE. 14K with a big diamond in the middle. (A first) I ran back to the house so my wife could Celebrate with me and headed back out for more hunting. AT NIGHT.

Golden.JPG
Zoom.JPG

I didn't find any more gold, but my last signal came up shaped like a coin and turned out to be a Washington State Tax Token. Another First for me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_tax_token
Tax_Token.JPG

And the Change, a whopping $3.08.

The Moral of the Story, at least for me is, Life is going to kick you in the teeth no matter what. It's gonna suck all the life out of you and give you ever reason to fret. So you might as well go Hunting.

I went out hunting tonight hoping only to escape the Ho Hum, expecting nothing, and come home with Four firsts, My first Gold of 2017, My first Real Diamond, My first Gold found in Wood Chips, and my first Tax Token.
Life is now better, at least for now.
God Bless you all.

Happy Hunting
MariposaGold.

Last edited:
Upvote 29

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring and with the diamond! Congrats! But who kept it, you or your wife. If I found that and my wife saw it, she would want to try it on to see how it looks and I would never get it back!

OP
OP
M

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring and with the diamond! Congrats! But who kept it, you or your wife. If I found that and my wife saw it, she would want to try it on to see how it looks and I would never get it back!

My wife ALWAYS tries on the rings, and if she likes it, it's hers. Luckily or not, this ring is too big for my wife. But I was issued a mandate shortly after finding this ring, that her wedding band is old and worn, and that I need to get my butt out there and find her a replacement. LOL.. She's a good motivator, and not a bad hunter. She's found Gold and Silver Rings also.

HH
Mariposa Gold.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Very nice!! I'm heading out myself after a longggg break! The gold rings I'm seeing on here has got me itching! I've had quite the dry spell!

Keep up the good work!
HH,
Moon

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going...this time of year when the days are still short we have no choice but to hunt when we can!

strick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread