Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out last Saturday and Sunday to a state park in in Washington state, on Saturday I tried to buy a annual park pass and the machine was acting crazy and transaction failed. Went again in Sunday and it worked. I found out on Monday it charged me both days, so called the park; no problem. Come in and we will refund you. So, I decided to go this morning and get my money and a hunt.

All was good until the park ranger came up to me on his mower while I was digging a plug and asked if I needed help? No, I don't need help I said. He asked why I was digging on his lawn; and asked if I knew about the park detecting areas; I said yes, do you? He gave me a strange look.. I told him I was in the detecting area. He said something about " you can detect here; you just can't dig..? I said that's like going hunting with no ammo.. again, strange look. He said you can only dig at the beach area! Which was removed from detecting ares this month; he didn't know.. I told him to go and check his map and let me know what he finds; I'll change location if necessary. So he left.. came back 30 min later and said you are right.. we had a good conversation and he even told me the places they had filled and the places that haven't been touched.. anyways that's the short of our conversation.

After that I decided to go back to the truck and get some water.. after a short break I started on a new spot next to some picnic tables. First target was a pulltab.. next target was a bouncy high tone; in the pulltab range but it would hit in the penny range a little.. so, dug it.. BAM! My first gold ring at about 4-5 inches.

I was pretty stoked; it was in the bottom of the plug when I flipped it over.. just rolled off; looking shiny.

If the park ranger had not come along; I probably would have never hit that spot...

I don't have a gold test kit.. it doesn't say gold on it.. but, it looks like gold to me. It's little. Hey, it's a start!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486011509.607469.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486011522.183559.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486011535.104255.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486011546.634568.jpg

Upvote 15

Brewha08

Mar 20, 2016
Martha's Vineyard
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No marks on the inside of the ring? Must be something small on it somewhere, definitely looks gold! Nice DIG!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a mark inside ring in the pic.Just can't make it out.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks good to me! Congrats on the really good stuff!

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like the size I had just bought my wife. Congratulations.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice story with a happy outcome with the Ranger and the Gold ring! :occasion14:

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll have another look at it.. maybe there's something I missed.

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Where in WA are you?

Hey Molewacker..

I'm in Seattle.. pretty funny, while the ranger and I were taking about detecting and holes. We look around and are surrounded by mole hills.

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a follow up; not to exciting.

I was walking by my last stack of coins I found with the ring.. this "quarter" kept striking me as odd.

I just looked at it a little closer.. it's actually a 2001-1 Piso coin from the Philippines. It rang up in the 40's I just blew it off thinking it was a weird clad quarter masked by iron or something.

So, I guess I should look closer for now on. To bad it was not some old token.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486435757.255537.jpg

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/fisher f2 garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say it's gold. Even if it was just plated, normally their would be some wear. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions