Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thursday BadJim and I hit a virgin field, first target of the day was a nice semi key 1866 indian, good sign, however the next 2 hours yeilded basically NOTHING but melted lead and little scraps. We took off friday to chill and back at it saturday morning.

First field site netted us a pouch of trash, so we hit a close field site where I had hunted hard over the last 3 yrs, this site has gave up everything from a capped bust dime to modern silver coins. Got 3 common date indians and one flat button, took me to 149 indians for the yr, I was so close I could taste it!

We went across the road, to a site on the 1872 map and I got a 12-30 on my etrac, looked down and right on the surface I saw a small disk that I thought was the dreaded, so often found shotgun shell, picked it up and I was wrong it was a nice flat button, I had no idea what it was until Kyle (Nooberz) emailed me and told me it was a war of 1812 rifleman's button! sweet!

We had to go but were coming back to this site the next day. Sunday we were back, and my first target was a 1904 indian, finally! My 150th indian of 2012, I hit my goal! Picked up a couple more flat buttons, couple mangled rings, one says "friendship" on it, BadJim found a well worn 1829 half cent, sure made his day. From there we hit a quick farm yard to end our day and I got a few wheats, 2 more indians (151 and 152), one is so clean and brown, looks like it was never buried. And scored 2 silver mercs to add to the pile.

I included my trash pile to show you how much stuff I dug in the field on JUST sunday....

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

DSC02906.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

DSC02911.jpg

DSC02913.jpg

Upvote 7
OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Indian Head milestone. That represents a lot of hours in the field this year and getting permission at the right places. For me, the button is the prize. The indian head total is nice, but how many War of 1812 era military buttons have you found?
oh I agree fully!!!!! I had no clue what I even had, I emailed Nooberz my button pics and he replied to me I was lucky to have found that button, I was clueless :laughing7: if he had not told me I would have had no clue what I had found. And to answer your question I have found ONE War of 1812 button, and your looking at it :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions