🥇 BANNER 153 lbs of Silver.

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went metal detectecting in the old silver tailings around here and I got a great signal on the F75. It came in at around 67 on the screen. Oh great another piece of tin i thought to myself. Oh well, dig everything because you never know what it might be. After about 35 minutes of digging and having the hole collapse in on me many times I finally saw the target. It was a nice pink coloured rock. That is a good sign since around here a lot of silver has Cobalt in it. That is one of the ways the miners would find silver veins back in the old days. Anyways, after finally digging it out, I couldn't lift it out of the hole. It was too heavy for me. It was also a very deep hole. I had to get a ratchet strap from my truck and pull it out of the hole. It is so heavy that I could hardly carry the thing over the tailings piles and through the bush. I ended up dragging it most of the way with the ratchet strap which finally gave in and broke apart from the abuse. I ended up rolling/carrying it the rest of the way. When I got home I found out the true weight of it. It weighs over 150 lbs. I still have to clean it up. It has cobalt and calcite in it and I estimate it to be at least over 75% silver. I rubbed it up a little bit to show some of the silver. It still has to be cleaned. :hello2:

Attachments

• IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,567
  • IMAG0269.jpg
    IMAG0269.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,377
  • IMAG0270.jpg
    IMAG0270.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,379
  • IMAG0271.jpg
    IMAG0271.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,338
  • IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,364
  • IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,775
Upvote 48

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on Banner and your $50,000 + !!!!

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G'afternoon Crytpic> As I mentioned, it must have been stolen from my Tayopa mine, when are you gonna send it back ?? I'll even pay the postage and insurance hhehehehehehhe :coffee2::coffee2::occasion14::laughing7:

Don jose de La Mancha

I tried. Customs wanted to confiscate it. :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Started to clean these pieces up. The silver is really starting to show through. Hard to get a nice picture because of my bad camera and the silver is so shiny!
IMAG0354.jpg IMAG0369.jpg IMAG0373.jpg

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty boulder, congrats on the banner, keep us informed of the refining process.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the big Rock !!!
If 75% a simple silver test will confirm, even .300 coins blaze red on my test stone :)

Orbitz

Feb 25, 2012
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Bounty Hunter VLF
Bounty Hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any guess on the value of something like that?......I have no clue the cost to refine etc. Still has to be some buckys......CONGRATS:icon_thumleft:
At current silver prices @ 75% silver it's worth about $56,000 Great find!!!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you have a 'quality problem' when there's nothing in your wifes kitchen big enough to soak your specimens in. ;-)

ctalmadg

Jul 27, 2003
Honeoye Falls, NY (Fingerlakes Area)
Detector(s) used
White / Fisher / DJI Cellar Hole Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went metal detectecting in the old silver tailings around here and I got a great signal on the F75. It came in at around 67 on the screen. Oh great another piece of tin i thought to myself. Oh well, dig everything because you never know what it might be. After about 35 minutes of digging and having the hole collapse in on me many times I finally saw the target. It was a nice pink coloured rock. That is a good sign since around here a lot of silver has Cobalt in it. That is one of the ways the miners would find silver veins back in the old days. Anyways, after finally digging it out, I couldn't lift it out of the hole. It was too heavy for me. It was also a very deep hole. I had to get a ratchet strap from my truck and pull it out of the hole. It is so heavy that I could hardly carry the thing over the tailings piles and through the bush. I ended up dragging it most of the way with the ratchet strap which finally gave in and broke apart from the abuse. I ended up rolling/carrying it the rest of the way. When I got home I found out the true weight of it. It weighs over 150 lbs. I still have to clean it up. It has cobalt and calcite in it and I estimate it to be at least over 75% silver. I rubbed it up a little bit to show some of the silver. It still has to be cleaned. :hello2:

Wow! That's worth more intact!!

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried. Customs wanted to confiscate it. :laughing7:

Why does this remind me of a scene from a movie where Cheech & Chong try to sneak thru customs at the border?

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think we should wait on the assay or purity test results before we put it on the banner. We do not even know what it is at this point.

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Assay results pending.. Hang in there. The geologist almost had a heart attack when he saw it. :)

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I hope it is silver! That would be great! Please post as soon as you get results.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we should wait on the assay or purity test results before we put it on the banner. We do not even know what it is at this point.
you can look at it and tell it is a very significant find .why are you so negative ? he knows what he has , he was hunting with the SILVER WARRIOR(Jim H.) ........ another banner club member (for a very significant silver find ,which was and is real as well )you have better odds when you are hunting on a SILVER MINE tailing pile ! by the way you are not supposed to insinuate that ANY finds are not real ,or misrepresented ! you can be banned for that .

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]REAL OR FAKE?[/h]

Occasionally a member may have doubts about the authenticity of an item posted by another member. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome.

4. Do NOT report doubts, suspicions, possibilities, or rumors to moderators or the administrator. Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof from independent, authoritative sources that the item is not, and cannot be, genuine.

Failure to follow these guidelines may result in censure, loss of privileges &/or access to certain forums, or outright banning from TreasureNet.

All finds posted are presumed to be genuine, and those who post them are to be respected
.​

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On something like this I feel that proof is very important, regardless of circumstances of the recovery. I am not being negative. I am being realistic. For example, would anyone in their right mind purchase this specimen without an assay, or purity test under the assumption that it is silver ore? I don't think I stand alone on this. Coin, jewelry and relic finds are often put on the banner without valuation because the rarity and monetary value is known, and that is ok. This is an ore, and I felt like it should have been evaluated prior to banner. I apologize if I broke the rules in my previous post. Thanks guys, Foundinnc

Last edited:

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]REAL OR FAKE?[/h]

Occasionally a member may have doubts about the authenticity of an item posted by another member. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome.

4. Do NOT report doubts, suspicions, possibilities, or rumors to moderators or the administrator. Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof from independent, authoritative sources that the item is not, and cannot be, genuine.

Failure to follow these guidelines may result in censure, loss of privileges &/or access to certain forums, or outright banning from TreasureNet.

All finds posted are presumed to be genuine, and those who post them are to be respected
.​

WORD!:icon_thumright:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HE knows what it is...this isn't the first specimen that he's found...this is what he does!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread