🥇 BANNER 1732 8 reale pillar dollar from the 1733 fleet !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200614_002543.jpg
This piece was stuck to some rusted iron conglomerate but rang in at 31 on the nox. I was blown away when I saw the date of 1732 !! The absolute holy grail of milled 8 reales....the very first ones 1732 !! Very very very hard to come by. 20200614_111354.jpg I've been trying to find one of these for a long time and searching for them is one of my favorite past times.....if you look at my avatar you'll see a mint condition 1733 pillar dollar....another very rare and desirable year for these coins !! These coins were salvaged from the wrecks of the 1733 plate fleet disaster here in the keys. They were brought ashore to the survivor camps in the spanish salvage effort. This one was in about knee deep water with other olive jar shards rusted iron and even some shipwreck wood !! 20200614_145307.jpg I'm going slow with 10 foil boiling water and baking soda. Sadly this coin is badly beaten but surprisingly theres enough detail to see the date.....Unbelievable !! 20200614_111749.jpg 20200614_163624.jpg 20200614_163648.jpg
It started about 3 weeks ago with a cobb 8 that I got in a large clump of spikes and other rusted conglomerate the coin was in super rough condition and I had no idea it was in side this clump until I broke it apart a few days later. I had no machine at the time and it was pure luck.....but I swore to go back as soon as I got the Eqx back from warranty !! Man did this spot not disappoint !! Olive jar shards iron conglomerate and even some small ballast stone !! 20200614_171632.jpg 20200614_171716.jpg 20200614_171830.jpg
All the stuff in this pic came from the last few hunts.... the spanish stuff comes from one spot and the rest comes from a beach side wreckers camp from the mid 1800 -1920. I love seeing the sail grommets.....when I find them in large numbers it usually means a survivors camp from some wreck or another !! Check out this killer buckle I found yesterday too....its cloisonne and might have been a double buckle....not sure of age on that but I love it.....any other time that would have been my find of the day !! 20200613_195513.jpg 20200613_195453.jpg
Heres some shipwreck wood and a beautiful piece of pottery with a whole island scene on it 20200614_171604.jpg
I cant believe I got a 1732 pillar dollar.....never thought I'd scratch it off the bucket list !!
Good luck and happy hunting folks !!! WOOOO HOOO !!

http://www.keyshistory.org/IK-1733-wreck.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve I find it amazing that I have spanish galleons in my back yard and you find more spanish silver up there....pretty amazing, congrats my friend !!

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of us can say enough about your spectacular find Bart, this is what dreams are made of, but no longer a dream for you:notworthy:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge Congrats Blak bart! That is incredible!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you steve....thank you SD !! It's been a thrill hunting that spot. Cant wait to see what it produces in the future !! Happy hunting guys !!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eyemustdigtreasure.....thank you my friend....I always loved your treasurenet name....
I must dig treasure also !! Happy hunting and good luck out there !!

Thanks, it's that Eye thanks finds surface stuff, and my Stick just finds the Better Stuff, as I-MUST-dig-treasure,
all year long, several times per week, even try to get un-frozen ground in the winter.
A "Passion"...? Is it then an "Addiction"...?
Or, "All The Above"...? If you chose All the above, then you are right. Treasure Hunting is a DRUG...! I find goodies, but want MORE...!
Love the Researching sites, and find the Internet to be a huge Tool, but Hunting is an Escape...!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting, Black Bart...!
~Jim (aka eyemustdigtreasure)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you jim....I feel the same way you do....I'm always looking down to try and find some sort of treasure !! Good luck my friend....may the treasure gods reward you...lol !!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blak bart ..Fantastic. I’m so so happy for you..I think the crew from Oak Island needs you up there to locate the treasure

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you E-Trac-Ohio....so far it is the find of my lifetime !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you irishgoldhound im still searching for another !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bill....a lot of people don't like those oak island guys....I would love to metal detect on that island !! Im sniffing around the lower keys for gold ones now bill !! Waiting for warmer weather and clearer water !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just stumbled upon this...Well done,Good job Bart !!!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the one roger....I want that one badly !! Thank you my friend good to see ya back on the t-net air waves !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the one roger....I want that one badly !! Thank you my friend good to see ya back on the t-net air waves !!

Thanks friend.Got a feeling 2021 IS THE YEAR for you.:occasion14:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blak Bart...Thanks for your advice and kind replies,And I am sure many many great returns will be coming your way

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys...to be truthful I found another piece of rusted conglomerate.....there was a print in the rust of another coin....my banner coin fits into the print perfectly.....there probably is another pillar dollar there waiting to be found.....I know I keep looking !!

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is an awesome lifetime find! Congratulations on a sweet find. All the times I was at the keys diving and fishing and never thought about treasure hunting. I assumed all the treasure was out of hawk channel. I like hearing about your adventures BB.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread