1753 KGii, Complete Shoe Buckle, Mystery Pewter Piece, Beautiful Buckle Frag

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a couple other cabin sites today. The finds came hard from these sites but added up to a great day. I have no explanation as to why I find all of these shoe buckles. This has to be over 20. I'm guessing it's the rough areas I hunt. Lots of steep banks by rivers and remote areas. Found a fragment that I so wish was a complete frame. The pewter piece is likely from a piece of furniture? The 1753 KGii is not from the same site as the other coins but has that same nice patina. I'm beat and laying down to watch some basketball
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 33
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the condition of your finds lately Abe. The KG and the shoe buckle are in excellent dug relic condition.

Thanks Steve. If only every site could be this kind

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I may never find another site that's so friendly to the coppers. I used to see people post those beautiful green coppers and think I would never find one. The right sandy soil conditions and the lack of acidic trees. Not an easy thing to find by any means. The strange thing is that most of my nicer coins have come from very close to the ocean. Don't know man. Here's a really bad pic of the shoe buckles all together
View attachment 1288436

Oh you had to do it. Displaying all those buckles like that.....Now I need to clean up my floor.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herr Schuhmacher strikes again! Gotta say, that buckle fragment is one of the prettiest things I've seen on this site.

Fantastic consecutive hunts, Abe.

Thanks Ken. Glad you and the other critics enjoyed the article 8-)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you had to do it. Displaying all those buckles like that.....Now I need to clean up my floor.

Pretty sad that I'm a woodworker and I'm too lazy to make a display. Wish that was a pile of Mass silvers or Rev War buttons or Draped bust silvers or Chain cents or rattlesnake buttons or ....well you get the idea. I have a lot left on my list pal

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are killing it Ahab!! That early buckle and copper are so nice man. wtg!

Fattony315

May 17, 2013
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the nicest kg I have seen, great coin. Love the shoe buckles.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great buckle and that coin is very nice...great patina and detail!

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! Those coppers you keep pulling are amazing! Great spot you've got! HH

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty stuff, keep digging buddy!