1763 Wilver! Im in complete shock tonight.

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
1763 Wilver! I'm in complete shock tonight.

I just beat my oldest coin by 100 years. Previously, my oldest coins were 1863 and 1864. I beat them by a longshot tonight. This is now the oldest coin I've ever dug. A 1763 Spanish 1 Reale? Any info on this coin would be extremely helpful.
I went out at 6pm tonight for a short hunt. I was on my way back to the car, after only finding 1 wheatie in about a hour, when I got a good sounding deep signal. This coin was about 9 inches down. I almost died when I saw the date, and condition.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Reale 1.jpg
    Reale 1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5,038
  • reale 2.jpg
    reale 2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 4,966
Upvote 0

geo4472

Feb 19, 2007
paterson nj
Detector(s) used
discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

wtg finds like that make it all worth while

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just love coins like this, so much detail. Our new coins really bite, they are made crappy, they come out of the ground after only a few months and look like they have been in for ages. Then I see a coin like and just marvel at the beauty.

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

txkickergirl said:
I just love coins like this, so much detail. Our new coins really bite, they are made crappy, they come out of the ground after only a few months and look like they have been in for ages. Then I see a coin like and just marvel at the beauty.

Well stated, ma'am. I, indubitably, aim to transcend the beauty of that coin, as in physical appearance. I think it may be difficult though. LMFAO!

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250

KirkPa...

Her being married is no issue, as it is only a kind gesture to help a TX LADY up when she has fallen.... I am from San Antonio, TX originally,,,and I know what TX hospitality is,
ya' know ya'll?! LOL....

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Tex Girl,

I agree, the coins they make now days are junk compared to things like these.

Coins used to be art.
This qualifies.

OD

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know if anyone posted this but the coin was minted in Mexico. Again, a great find!

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Buzzard King..what state are u in and where did you find it..beach , park , lake ???

CORY IN FLA

Jul 10, 2007
Edgewater Fla,
Detector(s) used
ACE 250... & Bounty Hunter LONESTAR

Yeah but in a way ...TXKICKERGIRL... it not a bad thing for us "hehehe" what would you rather find one of those nice old looking coins that will clean up and look good that are 1 or 2 hundred years old, or find one of our times coins that looks like it been in the ground for that long and will not clean up and looks bad. look at it this way if we lived back in their time the old coins would not be worth any thing or mean much.and if we lived in the future our times coin are not going to mean to much because they will not clean up to see how good they look being so cheaply made. it just to bad that future MD'ers will be finding our time coins thinking that it a hundred or 2 years old ,with no markings due to how cheap they are made and how fast theground eat them up and only being 40 or 50 years old ,thinking they have found some thing good not being able to tell from being so cheaply made. it funny how every thing get made cheaper and cost more....and end up not being worth anything. to the way things use to be where it cost less lasted longer and is worth more !!! hehehehe funny how things add up....plus the way things going with the gov and them always making new rules on digging and where to dig the future will be lucky if they will be able use a mder, what a sad thing for our future md'ists !!!

OP
OP
The Buzzard King

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X

WOW! It feels SO cool to see that coin in the banner! Thanks!
My heart still starts racing when I think about the moment I found it. lol.

Now to the part where I put my foot in my mouth.

Sure enough, less than 2 days after I mentioned I've been searching for my second (and readable) Large Cent, I found one.
I found this coin today. It's in really rough shape though. I'm pretty sure it's an 1818. I did a couple of boiling peroxide baths before I took these photos.
I found this coin in a road tear-up, taking place right next to a historic house. It was about 6 inches deep, in the hardest, steamrolled gravel I've ever tried to dig in. It took me forever to get it out. Notice the wonderful nicks I put in it. :-\

Attachments

• August 19th 07 2nd large cent 1.jpg
    August 19th 07 2nd large cent 1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,846
  • August 19th 07 2nd large cent 2.jpg
    August 19th 07 2nd large cent 2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,826

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another nice find...def 1818. That post deserves of thread of it's own...

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Great find!!!!

Isn't it amazing that once you find an older coin, more and more older coins follow! It happens to me all the time!

Congrats!!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang, BK!! :o What a find!