1800 Draped Bust Large Cent, gorgeous flowered colonial era flat button and more

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The twins and I returned to last weeks spot today due to no luck in Saturdays scout/permission mission. None of the new sites were harvested yet. We started back at last weeks place where we found 5 coppers as a group. We were detecting about an hour when a car pulled up and a man proceeded to walk out in the field toward us. He introduced himself as the landowners son and was interested in what we were finding. We took the opportunity to ask him in more detail exactly where their property boundaries were. It turned out to be much larger than we presumed. We decided to explore the areas where we thought we would strike it lucky. We started along a tree line on the other side of last weeks area and it didn't take long before I started finding pottery. Buttons and iron began to be found. After about 15 minutes I found my only copper of the day. Another Draped Bust largie to ad to my collection. It is barely readable as an 1800. A couple small copper cuff buttons and then I found a cool patterned silver plated small flat button. Toward the end of our day I popped out of the ground a beautiful floral patterned flat button with no back mark. It is one of my favorites ever. I just wonder what else this large property will provide us in the very near future.
Chris

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 924
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 848
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 803
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Here is some scenery shots. Kyle is in this shot. Kirk already left by then. The area I found my finds is at the treeline above Kyles left sholder.

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 786
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 795

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a lot of acres there, you guys could work that area for the next month or so. Awesome finds too! :icon_thumleft:

Looking forward to seeing future finds from this property.

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You had an awesome day, looney. That flower button is sweet! I love the scenery shots. Send the other ones to my email address!

Let's reload another site next weekend!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sweet colonial copper and a smashing button ! Nice pics ! Great post ! Thanks !! MaineRelic

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
KylePA said:
You had an awesome day, looney. That flower button is sweet! I love the scenery shots. Send the other ones to my email address!

Let's reload another site next weekend!
Yeah Kyle, like we were saying today in the field....there is usually a reason why the permision missions don't pan out. We usually have success on the following days outing. :thumbsup:
Uncle Zeus

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Great finds, You guys sure have a knack for finding the large cents, especially the early ones. The button is awesome I love the old buttons and ones with patterns on them like that. WOW. Would much rather find that awesome button than a Draped bust large cent. Although the Draped bust is one of my favorites that button is a wow find. Great job.
Marty

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
congrats on great finds!! looks like you have your work cut out for you in those fields. good luck and keep digging krazyhorses

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1800 Draped Bust Large Cent, gorgeous flowered colonial era flat button and

Better let the farmer know there's a big ugly weed growing in his field. (last pic) ;D

Coin and a button, that's getting it done! :thumbsup:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Zeus! Very cool flower button!

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is my kind of of hunting grounds :icon_thumleft: great copper and button is excellent ,there,s plenty more for sure good hunt :thumbsup: Jim

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome button :thumbsup: and a great large cent. I got a nice button this week but the lc was nowhere to be found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions