1800 Draped Bust Large Cent, gorgeous flowered colonial era flat button and more

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The twins and I returned to last weeks spot today due to no luck in Saturdays scout/permission mission. None of the new sites were harvested yet. We started back at last weeks place where we found 5 coppers as a group. We were detecting about an hour when a car pulled up and a man proceeded to walk out in the field toward us. He introduced himself as the landowners son and was interested in what we were finding. We took the opportunity to ask him in more detail exactly where their property boundaries were. It turned out to be much larger than we presumed. We decided to explore the areas where we thought we would strike it lucky. We started along a tree line on the other side of last weeks area and it didn't take long before I started finding pottery. Buttons and iron began to be found. After about 15 minutes I found my only copper of the day. Another Draped Bust largie to ad to my collection. It is barely readable as an 1800. A couple small copper cuff buttons and then I found a cool patterned silver plated small flat button. Toward the end of our day I popped out of the ground a beautiful floral patterned flat button with no back mark. It is one of my favorites ever. I just wonder what else this large property will provide us in the very near future.
Chris

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 924
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 848
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 803
Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: 1800 Draped Bust Large Cent, gorgeous flowered colonial era flat button and

The Zeus strikes again! Congrats on excavating another Draped Bust large cent. They are becoming plentiful on this farm (4 so far). You have to Colonially love that button you dug. It was cool to watch you dig it up and then see the detail pop. :icon_thumleft: We must continue to scout out his fields each week for new harvests. ;D Oh, the scenery shots are killer! :hello2:

Kirk

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's the Coppers. You've been on a pretty good copper roll lately Chris, Congrats on the Draped, its a nice one!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet finds chris! a place that will keep you guys busy for a very long time! :thumbsup:

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Just curious, what factors caused you to choose this field to hunt?

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Great finds again Chris!!! You guys sure rock those fields!!!

I was in Montoursville last week and couldn't help but think about you guys when I drove by field after field.....wondering if those fields held as many coppers as your fields............LOL!!!

Keep on diggin' and sharin'..............love the pics!!

HH

Dave

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Draped bust coins are my favorite! ANother good hunt for ya Zeus!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread