1828 LC and a Pistol Barrel

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well today I went and rehunted the 1783 nova site and did quite well. Farmer had called and said his wheat had been cut and that we needed to get detecting right away. Unfortunately the leader of the team is no longer here, so I went solo. It was a hot one out there today, I had all I could take by 1 pm (94 degrees). I still got to hunt for 6 hours though ;D. I started out finding some flat buttons and a thimble. The next target got me pumped up a pistol barrel. It has a makers mark on one side but I can't tell what it says.
Hill Billy Hunting 044.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 030.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 031.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 032.jpg
A little while later the XLT screamed LC and after digging the Nova here already I thought this is gonna be good. Turned out to be an 1828 matron head. :headbang:
Hill Billy Hunting 033.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 035.jpg
I kept plugging away and found more flat buttons and some decorative brass stuff. I thought to myself ,wheres the suspender clips? A short while later one popped up. All in all a great day for me, I sure enjoyed getting out since it's been awhile. Heres some group shots and some of the finds cleaned up.
Hill Billy Hunting 042.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 043.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 039.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 038.jpg
Hope everyone gets out and finds some treasures.

Hill

Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Great hunt HB :headbang: :headbang: The pistol barrel looks like a belgian boot pistol from the CW.. I'll attach a pic of the one I found this spring.. Great copper too man!

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,324

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hells Yeah! :headbang:

GREAT boot pistol--and it looks like you got a piece of the powder flask from it! :o

It's neat that you got a piece of ANOTHER cloak clasp.

That's a great looking largie too. That reverse it Top Notch.

Nice work, you Dog! ;D

-Buck

P.S.--Glad to see you boys still digging the goodies up there, even without the fearless leader. :)

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Way to go, HB, on those early finds. I love the boot pistol and, of course, the largie. ;D

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats funny, I was just wishing you good luck on my shoe buckle post, and then realized you allready came home and posted..haha...nice job man, looks like a eventful day of diggin.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do hope your leader has some of that good luck/skill left for Bama hunting, HB. :tongue3: :D If nothing else, he's gonna be a pound or two heavier when he leaves. ;D :D (working on those maps, BB) :wink:

Fantastic hunting HB. Love all them finds! :notworthy:

N~

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow HB, Great Finds!!! I really like the boot pistol barrel. Glad you could take the heat. Your former mentor and hunting partner should be proud. You hunted like the pro you are. HH, Quindy.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Only 6hrs.? I thought you were a cracker. :tongue3:
Those are some great finds. Get that pistol cleaned up and give us a confirmation on the maker and time period.
Newt

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pistol and finds !! :thumbsup:

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
What an awesome hunt. :thumbsup:

I've been waiting for this post. BB told me the farmer called and said the wheat was cut. You did great today. See, it's not all about the leader, it's in your heart. :)

I sure wish your leader could work some magic in Bama. We're having a hard time down here. :-\

That's a great pistol barrel. I only dream of finding something like that. And that LC is in great condition. I'd kill for one of those flat buttons right now. :D

Good Luck
Randy

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man!!!Stellar relic hunt!!!!I love those Muff Pistols and they actually pre-date the Civil war(It was sated that they were C.W. period)I have personally seen 6 come from early 1850's sites :thumbsup:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a good day of digging, congrats on those finds!

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Nice finds hill Billy the barrel is cool and of course any largie is cool also.

Bubba65

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread