1828 LC and a Pistol Barrel

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well today I went and rehunted the 1783 nova site and did quite well. Farmer had called and said his wheat had been cut and that we needed to get detecting right away. Unfortunately the leader of the team is no longer here, so I went solo. It was a hot one out there today, I had all I could take by 1 pm (94 degrees). I still got to hunt for 6 hours though ;D. I started out finding some flat buttons and a thimble. The next target got me pumped up a pistol barrel. It has a makers mark on one side but I can't tell what it says.
Hill Billy Hunting 044.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 030.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 031.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 032.jpg
A little while later the XLT screamed LC and after digging the Nova here already I thought this is gonna be good. Turned out to be an 1828 matron head. :headbang:
Hill Billy Hunting 033.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 035.jpg
I kept plugging away and found more flat buttons and some decorative brass stuff. I thought to myself ,wheres the suspender clips? A short while later one popped up. All in all a great day for me, I sure enjoyed getting out since it's been awhile. Heres some group shots and some of the finds cleaned up.
Hill Billy Hunting 042.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 043.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 039.jpg
Hill Billy Hunting 038.jpg
Hope everyone gets out and finds some treasures.

Hill

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
nova treasure said:
Dang nice finds there. I really like the boot pistol barrel. it's looking like Some time coming up for me to be able to do some digging, Layoffs next week.

Congrats, do you still have my number ;D.

Nova Treasure

I've got your number, do you have mine?

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hill Billy said:
nova treasure said:
Dang nice finds there. I really like the boot pistol barrel. it's looking like Some time coming up for me to be able to do some digging, Layoffs next week.

Nova Treasure

I always like using the pm option, quieter on this end. no kids in my ear.

isn't your number 1(800) XLT-QUIK

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova treasure said:
Hill Billy said:
nova treasure said:

Nova Treasure

I always like using the pm option, quieter on this end. no kids in my ear.

isn't your number 1(800) XLT-QUIK

I thought it was 1-800-LRG-CENT

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
You learned from the best!

If it wasn't for BBoy I wouldn't find a thing, I deserve no credit for the finds I've made over the past couple years, If ever. :notworthy:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hill Billy said:
You learned from the best!

If it wasn't for BBoy I wouldn't find a thing, I deserve no credit for the finds I've made over the past couple years, If ever. :notworthy:

Hey, do the sounds of those Colonial flutes follow BuckleBoy from site to site? ;D Christ it must get annoying!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Kirk PA said:

That was rude of you to say that Buckleboy made HB the hunter he is. I was appalled after reading that.

HB, you didn't deserve a comment like that from my brother. You are too good of a guy (and relic hunter) to get a slap in the face like that.

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
KylePA said:
Kirk PA said:

That was rude of you to say that Buckleboy made HB the hunter he is. I was appalled after reading that.

HB, you didn't deserve a comment like that from my brother. You are too good of a guy (and relic hunter) to get a slap in the face like that.

No problem, I think I'll stop posting my finds here for awhile, this crap is getting old.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only person I take a good bit of credit for on the IB is rodeo recon. When I met him, he was headed for a career of park and tot lot hunting, and had no idea about detecting in general.

HB was already a determined hunter when I met him, and what he has done, he has done through his own great effort.

What, do people think that just because I make a lot of posts here, I've taught everyone? I was the YOUNGEST member of the IB, except for the girls. But I have been hunting the longest, so I guess that counts for something. I have tried to help folks when they asked questions, and ID finds for folks when I was there to see what was dug. Other than that, I just tried to find as many sites as I possibly could, so we'd always have a spot to hunt. And that worked out well.

What I did realize as we went along was that I was sort of a hub for the IB; I was part of what seemed to bring all the spokes together. Now all the IB needs is some glue in order to keep going strong, which I know the other Seasoned Vets of the team will provide. I will be calling them to tell them my great finds, and I expect the same. We all have to keep our hopes and dreams flying High in order to have any success in this hobby.

I will see KFB and HB on the Finds BANNER this fall.

-Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread