Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one pound coin is a good find. Another one and you can buy a pint! :) Lots of good stuff to find over your way.

OP
OP
welshman

welshman

Greenie
Dec 31, 2005
north devon uk
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
i think the pound will have to go to pay for Christmas ha but its a start and only another 999.000.00 to go. might save the foil for next Christmas Turkey but the Heineken can was empty.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most importantly though is you got out...gotta love it..HH

OP
OP
welshman

welshman

Greenie
Dec 31, 2005
north devon uk
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
thanks m8 no treasure this time but the anticipation, well i could of sliced it and maid a sandwich with it.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
getting out is half the fun, and u found stuff also. i went out and got one penny .lol

OP
OP
welshman

welshman

Greenie
Dec 31, 2005
north devon uk
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
can any one tell me what the red buton is for i think it may be a auto tune or some thing like that but what dose it do.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the ejection button! Don't know unless you tell us what kind of detector you have. Welcome! Monty

OP
OP
welshman

welshman

Greenie
Dec 31, 2005
north devon uk
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
sorry m8 it is called a Altai it has a volume control battery test discrimination dial and a red Burton on the holding handle just trying to work it out any help would be very help full

thanks

Keith.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Keith!

Congrats on that find!

;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith, I've done a search for Altai products and all I have come up with is some cheap electronic parts on ebay for sale in the UK. Was trying to figure out who makes it, but no luck. Would almost bet it's Chinese made? Needless to say with the description you gave it must be a very inexpensive, very basic detector. I would almost bet that the red button is some type of pinpointer to help locate your target and tell you where to dig. Some pinpoint buttons must be held down to operate and others you just push it and it's ready to go. Try this. Place a coin in a spot where there is no signal and put the coil just to one side of the coin. Press the button and hold it down while you move the coil slowly toward the coin, continue over it and then continue on across it and on away from it. . If it is the pinpointer and it has to be held down to operate, the signal should get louder as you approach the coin, becoming loudest right on top of it and then becoming weaker as you move away. If that doesn't work, try just pushing the button and releasing it while moving the coil as described. If that doesn't work as described, then I have no idea what it might be for! Monty

OP
OP
welshman

welshman

Greenie
Dec 31, 2005
north devon uk
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
thanks for that Monty really helpful i will give that a go and report back as for inexpensive i had it given to me cant afford any thing descant so it will have to do would you have any idea how deep it will detect m8 i know i am all questions but i am a real Lerner but i want to do it properly thanks m8

Keith

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
no Idea on how deep your detector will go. you could try putting a coin on the ground and swing the coil over it at different heights. might give you some idea. but then again conditions will have an effect on it too. don't give up though Ive found some nice coins very shallow. I found an 1857 flying eagle cent laying on top of the ground in a corn field once.

Timmy NY

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o I have to see a Pic of that 1 pound Coin,,,,,, Post Pictures and Good Luck in your future Finds... I bet that Heineken can if full would weight a pound.....Seeker

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't really matter how expensive the detector is,. What matters is if you have fun with it. When you can afford it you will eventally want to move up to a better detector and meanwhile you can learn a lot from the one you have. We all have to start somewhere. You should be able to get 4" in depth with just about any detector. I'd be willing to bet that more objects are recovered at that depth than any other! Keep at it and good luck. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread