1832 Large Cent. Other Coins Plus A Ton Of Early Artifacts.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone, Put some hard hrs in over the weekend. Hunted 5 straight days. This is 3 days worth about 10 hrs of hunting. I did some research on the area I was hunting. At first I thought this was a railroad camp due to the size and the railroad that is very close it it. I think I was wrong. I now believe it to be a trading post.

I read some history about the first settlers to the area. They came from New Jersey most of them. I did find a 1787 New Jersey Copper there. I have maps but have not been able to pinpoint this spot on it yet. This site may be to old for my map. Through reading I realized there was a trading post in this area. It said it was near the mouth of this creek that is near the place. I can't tell where the mouth is but this site is only 100 yards away from the water.

I know the mouth is in the general area so this may be the site. If not it's still out there and I have to find it. I may be onto something in this area. Alot of old dirt wagon roads that run all over these woods. I will be looking into them further and trying to keep finding this old stuff.

It has now gotten slow at the site. Not hunted out but slowed down alot. I cleared a area out in front of a old dwelling. I found a 1832 large cent at 8.5 inches in the front yard. We hit almost every inch of this place that we could get into. There are down tree's and shrubs all over that are probably still hiding a few keepers. This is a large site consisting of about 6 different cellar holes and buildings.

I also found 2 presidential tokens. I did find a 1909 v.d.b Wheaties. I liked the different relics the most. Flat buttons old door knob silver ware and a nice old wagon plate dated 1902.

I will return to the area again. Gonna try and pull up some more research about the people who lived in this area.

Thanks for looking

HH Jer

Attachments

• 1832 Large Cent.jpg
    1832 Large Cent.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 501
  • Early Relic Keepers.jpg
    Early Relic Keepers.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks everyone. I'm fealing good now and I am ready to get back out. Weather has been drastic here so hunting doesn't look good for the weekend. At these types of places you have to dig it all. Alot of the relics and cool stuff will read the same exact v.d.i as a pull tab or screw cap and turn out to be a nice relic close to the surface.

Alot of hunters out there don't hunt this way. That's why there is always something to find in there tracks. This site has been basically untouched. I knew a few guys who hunted it but gave up because of iron and garbage and they didn't have the know how or patients. I actually gave up on it also but I came back to it knowing there had to be something here under the trash.

I think the tokens are actually from the 40's zeb. I think you are thinking about the car tokens from sunoco of the late 60's. I find these with older stuff from the 40's and 50's alot. I could be wrong but I don't think. Too much smooth wear to them for only 35 years also.

Thanks again Jer

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Mudslide said:
Here's some info about those Presidential tokens
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,21990.msg145725.html#msg145725

Great finds!!

lol,,, I was looking at this post again and realized I have a few of those tokens, but when I looked on my Token page, they weren't there. After scrolling down I saw your link, and in my reply on that post, I couldn't find them then either... I completely forgot about them again... I need to look through my finds and find them, so I can get them added to my site...
Thanks for another reminder... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread