1838 seated dime

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you do in PMs is your business if member wants to make offer via pm, but selling items isn't done in this forum we have classifieds for that.

Anything sold or initial offer for trades can only be made by a charter member as well..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow got the entire TN Triumvirate weighting in! There was no attempt to buy or sell in the forum, an attempt was made via PM that went wrong and then spilled into the forum. I wish I hadn't made an offer and have ZERO interest anymore. Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe my post was simply a reminder on selling, it was not directed specifically at you...

We don't care what members do via PM as long as no one complains.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"We don't care what members do...as long as no one complains."

you got it!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a read, (better than TV)
I actually like the coin most cause in 2012 I dug an 1839 no Drapery in almost the Exact same condition (no die crack tho)
IMO The OP should take this as a lesson, ( I assume he has)

I have been offended many times over prices quoted for Sentimental Items in the past ..Like 20 dollars for my Grandfathers Pocket Watch & 10% of red book price for my late G-Uncles Coin Collection and the worst 30$ offered for a 14k ring with a high quality CZ that I found with the 900.00 Dollar price tag still attached. (when Gold was at it's peak)
I wanted to stick my foot in these folks at the time.

Like my 1839 SLD I dug... To me it's priceless (For the moment) besides when we pass it becomes someone else's anyhow.
So-To the OP ..If it mean that much to you go ahead and have it Graded , Keep it and pass it along to your loved ones & hopefully they will cherish it as much as you do. :thumbsup:
As grade and worth are subjective , Example Someone like me would offer you 50$ or more for the reasons stated above.
(that's not an offer , just an example)
Personally I really like the Dime.
Davers

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread