1851 Home AMAZING what they could do back then :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This home was built in 1851 Look at the stones. Amazing how they could cut and build with them. This home is in tough condition. I think i will take my Tractor and walk behind brush mower over and help this man out. It is a 2 story home with a dirt floor basement.
Herb2.jpg
Herb1.jpg

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the owner of the 1851 Home. His first name is Herbert . Herb was born in this home in 1944. His great ancestors built it in 1851 . Can you imaging cutting those stones back then WOW !!!! It would be a great historical place to be saved :) I just met Herb yesterday and he sure in a very nice fellow. Telling us things he remembered back in the 40's
Herb Himself.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bush hog it, detect it, post it. Great gesture on your part to help out the owner on clearing it up a tad.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know of any government programs that help with restorations like this.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot me and E-Trac-Ohio and one other person tried to detect it yesterday, I think we are going to try and clean it up and detect it again. E-Trac found a few coins nothing real old . I never found a coin Oh WELL tomorrow is another day 1

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bush hog it, detect it, post it. Great gesture on your part to help out the owner on clearing it up a tad.
I plan on doing just that !! Thanks for your reply Pepper

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I forgot me and E-Trac-Ohio and one other person tried to detect it yesterday, I think we are going to try and clean it up and detect it again. E-Trac found a few coins nothing real old . I never found a coin Oh WELL tomorrow is another day 1
It really looks overgrown for any real good detecting.
I can see a bush hog cleaning that up right nice.
I usually do a higher pass when doing the unknown areas (rocks-stumpage) then on the 2nd pass I can mow it right down to the earth if I want.
Nothing is worse than hitting a rock with a hog.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really looks overgrown for any real good detecting.
I can see a bush hog cleaning that up right nice.
I usually do a higher pass when doing the unknown areas (rocks-stumpage) then on the 2nd pass I can mow it right down to the earth if I want.
Nothing is worse than hitting a rock with a hog.
Pepper you are so CORRECT!!!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper maybe you Should COME DOWN AND GIVE US A HAND !!!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread