Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1860's house findings

kind of disappointed at the meager findings today. Might have searched wrong places or someone else beat me to them. 1949, 1944, 1942 wheat pennies. couple clad dimes. and a couple Lincoln's. A few sinkers, and one item that I think is made of lead has a threaded hole in the end of it. Was glad to get permission to hunt there. Even took the lady a loaf of zucchini bread. She told me I could hunt her property anytime.
photo (12).JPG

Upvote 4

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep hunting it. It might take some work but there should be more there. Even if it has been hunted, if they didn't get all the wheaties, they surely left something better! Persevere.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well remember old places have been frequently hunted in past. Some produce old coins or more - others produce buzzard's pay. Look what i found yesterday on a 1700's property and I was mostly cherry picking for coins to see if there were any to be found. Nope! Not one! *L*

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: If you can keep looking.. Remember back in the day most people had about twenty five cents to a few dollars on them. Mostly nickels and pennies. :dontknow: So you may have to spend a few trips to find that silver quarter. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions