ID tag, barber dime, 50 cal ball and cool hat pin

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT-pro, Fisher CZ-21 , Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1903 barber dime_back.jpg 1903 barber dime_Front.jpg hat_pin1.jpg IDtag.jpg 50 cal ball.jpg 1963 rose_back.jpg 1963 rose_front.jpg hat pin 2.jpg

I found these at a new site after a couple of hours. 1903 barber Dime very pitted which is strange for silver. 50 caliber round ball, the hat pin ( at least I think it's a hat pin ) has the full pin which is about 5 inches long. The ID tag is driving me crazy, the backside has absolutely nothing except for the same Lines on the edge as seen on the front side With the number 138. Not sure what this came off of, the area I am searching was settled in the late 1600s.

Upvote 5

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a tool tag I think. People on TNet a lot of times those tags belonged to an individual and they would place their tag on the peg they took a tool from. It's not from the 1600s... I'm no expert though I still have a lot to learn. I have two of those tags from the last few weeks. Same size and design. HH!

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could also be an ear tag for an animal. I found one similar to it. It was for a mule.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread