1886 Seated Dime

surprman

Apr 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism III
Hi All,

A few weeks ago I posted two finds from a small park near my house:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,175399.0.html

I went out on Thursday this week and went over the area again. Within a 10 ft diameter from where I found the two coins in the previous post, I got a dime hit at only about 2 inches. My expectation was a clad dime due to the depth. I cut a shallow plug and when I flipped the turf up, I silver dime dropped out of the roots - almost the same as how the half dime revealed itself. The area is loaded with shale and I am starting to think that these coins were all transported as fill from somewhere else. (I think I might go back :wink: )

1886SLdime_obverse.JPG
1886SLdime_reverse.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 0
Look's like a good Avatar :wink: Beautiful coin Suprman,I'd pound the place :thumbsup:

Nice!!! When I pulled my barber dime out today, I saw the same reverse and couldn't wait to flip it over just in case it was another seated. No such luck but I am not complaining either. You might want to do a little research and find out if you are right on that being brought in. Ya never know, it might lead you to more good info. Great job!

Stellar dime in great shape. :thumbsup:

Nice find! Yours is same as mine, what I have 1876! Your coin look pretty good shape than mine!

Cheers!

Richard :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back