1901 House - Some cool relics - Religious locket?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At lunch today, I hit the 1901 house that I just got permission to hunt last week.
Sunny, 60's, and soft dirt. Ahhhh. ;) My only coin so far was a lousy memorial penny. :'( There are a ton of signals on this property. Lots of iron (plow pieces) and other asst'd metal. Unfortunately, I am getting a lot of interference in the front yard area (power lines? satellite dish?) where I was hoping to find coins.
I was able to dig these relics though. Some date into the 1800's.
One piece that I am excited about is the religious looking piece that I almost tossed thinking it was junk. Glad I kept it. :o
Here's my lunch finds:

*Religious piece of jewelry with crosses and a Firebird looking image on both the front and back.
Any input on this piece would be appreciated.

*A neat stamped copper piece with art deco design of a young lady. (I may mount this piece above my bed? ::) )

*A balance (scale) face plate with 1800's dates on it.

*Lantern piece w/knob dated Jan. 15, 1883.

*Cosmetic compact piece (George W. Loft Company)

*A heart shaped something or other. (Looks like a heel)

*Lamp topper (?).

Nothing amazing, but what the heck.
Thanks for looking.
-MM-

Attachments

• 1901 house.JPG
    1901 house.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,011
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,009
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,009
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 994
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 998
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,003
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,017
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 1901 house.JPG
    1901 house.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,006
Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me, there isn't the number 65 in the left of the tail and it's mirrored in the right

Cheers, Mike

Attachments

• 65 thing.2.jpg
    65 thing.2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 387
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trikikiwi said:
Tell me, there isn't the number 65 in the left of the tail and it's mirrored in the right

Cheers, Mike

Mike,
It sure looks like that. Sharp eyes.
-MM-

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM,

Nice find on the heel plate. After finding one on Ebay, you know it's worth at least 15 bucks now--and that's more than most of the newer silver coins we could find. I'd MUCH rather find a piece like that than a coin--it has more of a story to tell.

That cross looks like the "patriarchal cross," you might want to search that term on google, along with "phoenix" or "eagle" and see if you can find out more. It is interesting that it is so crudely made. Since it looks like a pendant, it must have some age to it. I'll keep working on it and see if I can turn anything interesting up.

-Buckleboy

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
MM,

Nice find on the heel plate. After finding one on Ebay, you know it's worth at least 15 bucks now--and that's more than most of the newer silver coins we could find. I'd MUCH rather find a piece like that than a coin--it has more of a story to tell.

That cross looks like the "patriarchal cross," you might want to search that term on google, along with "phoenix" or "eagle" and see if you can find out more. It is interesting that it is so crudely made. Since it looks like a pendant, it must have some age to it. I'll keep working on it and see if I can turn anything interesting up.

-Buckleboy

BB,
Seeing that heart heel plate on E-bay for $15 was a treat. I first thought it was a decorative piece off of a trunk when I dug it up.
The dove/cross religious piece is a real mystery. Maybe I should send it in to "Ask Mark Parker" in W&ET?
It does look very old. I described it to the homeowner today (84 year old lady), but it didn't ring a bell with her. Maybe it was her mother's, or it was there before the house was built in 1901?
I'm not giving up. When I found it, it was all beat up (hit by a plow or mower?). I took it home and carefully unbent it to what you see now.
Thanks,
Doug

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't seem to find anything new on this piece... maybe Mark Parker is the route to go. Post it in the "What is it" forum here though, first. Give PBK and others a crack at it.

-Buckleboy

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics again my friend. That is a nice heal plate too. I really like that. I have a pair of boots with heel plates on them. I use them for reenacting.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
I can't seem to find anything new on this piece... maybe Mark Parker is the route to go. Post it in the "What is it" forum here though, first. Give PBK and others a crack at it.

-Buckleboy

BB,
I just sent it off to Mark Parker today. I had it in the "What is it" forum, but no luck yet.
Thanks for trying.
I just bought all the supplies to build my electrolysis "relic cooker", so I should be able to start cleaning up my rusty pieces soon. I'll get some before and after pictures too.
Heading back out to the 1830 CW area house on Sat. Hopefully I will find something good (coin, button, bullet, etc.).
Have a great w/end.
-Doug-

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your hunt, MM!

I'm going to try and get out tomorrow afternoon for a few hours.

Regards,

Buckleboy

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on the heel plate there MM and good luck with the religeous piece,can't wait to hear the result's on that one.Got my computer back up and running after almost a week.Great looking relic's MM.Best of luck and HH!!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
Congrat's on the heel plate there MM and good luck with the religeous piece,can't wait to hear the result's on that one.Got my computer back up and running after almost a week.Great looking relic's MM.Best of luck and HH!!

Thanks Buddy.
Good luck this week.
-Doug-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions