1930s "virgin" site, 32 coins, only 11 clad with some silver!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I went to my father-in-law's camper today with my wife and kids. this place goes back to the thirties and I hit it once before 2 years ago and found two Mercury dimes before getting thrown out by the old owner, he didn't like me and ill quote "excavating" his land! lol!!! so technically its not a "virgin" site but im pretty sure im the only one to ever run a detector over it. This year a new person owns it, these people are super nice, not a broke down tightwad like the former owner so my father in law asked, and I went for it. Almost right away it became appearant that its never been hit, wheats at 3inches!, I ended up with 19 wheats, the 64 roosie, and the presidential token from cracker jack, and 11 clad coins, early 60s. But now the awkward part, my father in law told me not to bring anybody else up there just yet, he doesn't want to get off on a bad foot with the new owner. I'm probably going to save this place as a go to when all else fails. I really want to share this spot with some people but l don't want to get the boot in the process, puts me in a crappy situation!!!!!:BangHead: I think im gonna get to know the new owners a bit more, and try to win them over so I can share this spot with others, but for now im gonna keep it as a go to spot when im frustrated, or when my family and I spend time up the camper with my father in law....

ok long story over, thanks for looking and hh!!!!
20150523_200731.jpg 20150523_210111.jpg 20150523_210115.jpg 20150523_210823.jpg

Upvote 21

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad man. Different places offer different circumstances and folks just have to understand that. I quite honestly could never take another sole to a few of my sites. That's why I don't go to others sites. I don't want there to be any expectations because it's not always gonna be possible

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad man. Different places offer different circumstances and folks just have to understand that. I quite honestly could never take another sole to a few of my sites. That's why I don't go to others sites. I don't want there to be any expectations because it's not always gonna be possible

Thanks abe!, I know what you're saying, I've been at many sites with other people and have always wanted to be able to return the favor, kind of a "loyalty" thing and to me, pretty much the right thing to do, right now though this spot isn't the one to share, I think if I find a cool piece of jewelry or a neat old coin and give it to the owners, I might schmooze my way in for the opportunity to share the place, time will tell

Thanks again!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like those have been in the ground for awhile. It's good to have a go-to place for the days when you need a backup spot.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like those have been in the ground for awhile. It's good to have a go-to place for the days when you need a backup spot.

thanks dave, they were surprisingly shallow, and you best believe I'll be working on them owners to get others there with me!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a great location and Good Luck with all..Nice Silvers also

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loads of fun there !!! :occasion14: cjon , don't feel bad if you save a site or two for yourself :headbang:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great location and Good Luck with all..Nice Silvers also

Loads of fun there !!! :occasion14: cjon , don't feel bad if you save a site or two for yourself :headbang:

Thanks guys, I got a good feeling about this place, I didn't even grid, just cherry picked for 2 hrs, once I grid I should get better results!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs cjon!......Looks like you and that Etrac are getting along just fine!!! I found one of those President Cracker Jack coins last year! I am more productive, when I hunt alone! First time you take someone................they will find big silver!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs cjon!......Looks like you and that Etrac are getting along just fine!!! I found one of those President Cracker Jack coins last year! I am more productive, when I hunt alone! First time you take someone................they will find big silver!!

Sounds like a good spot, best of luck to ya..

Thanks guys, can't wait to get back

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good going Chris. You had a serious case of silver withdrawal yesterday when we were texting. Glad you took care of it. As Steve Martin says in the movie The Jerk, "see a doctor and get rid of it"

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Cris, try to save a War nickel in there.

1716011-031r_t.jpg

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good going Chris. You had a serious case of silver withdrawal yesterday when we were texting. Glad you took care of it. As Steve Martin says in the movie The Jerk, "see a doctor and get rid of it"
lol thanks steve, it is my 4th straight hunt with silver, it was the lack of permission I was griping about lol, this little hunt cured my whining lol!!!
However I have work to do to hit my lofty goal for the year

Nice finds Cris, try to save a War nickel in there.

View attachment 1165769
Lol thanks brad, poor OD, gets hammered on all the time lol:laughing7:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day digging that produces either silver or a smile when you are done is a good day .

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
lol thanks steve, it is my 4th straight hunt with silver, it was the lack of permission I was griping about lol, this little hunt cured my whining lol!!!
However I have work to do to hit my lofty goal for the year

Lol thanks brad, poor OD, gets hammered on all the time lol:laughing7:

Ah that's true. Yes, sites. All I heard was was waaaa waaaaa waaaaa! Lol. Just kidding brother

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day digging that produces either silver or a smile when you are done is a good day .
thanks, I was scrambling quickly, just cherry picking, wife had me on a time limit lol

Ah that's true. Yes, sites. All I heard was was waaaa waaaaa waaaaa! Lol. Just kidding brother
image.png lol

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a VERY promising site! Hope you keep finding good stuff there!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a VERY promising site! Hope you keep finding good stuff there!
Thanks!, I sure hope so, started off quite well!

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a it's gonna turn out to be a great site. That's a handful of goodies that says there got to be silver there. I agree with others. There is nothing wrong with having a spot all to yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread