1930s "virgin" site, 32 coins, only 11 clad with some silver!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I went to my father-in-law's camper today with my wife and kids. this place goes back to the thirties and I hit it once before 2 years ago and found two Mercury dimes before getting thrown out by the old owner, he didn't like me and ill quote "excavating" his land! lol!!! so technically its not a "virgin" site but im pretty sure im the only one to ever run a detector over it. This year a new person owns it, these people are super nice, not a broke down tightwad like the former owner so my father in law asked, and I went for it. Almost right away it became appearant that its never been hit, wheats at 3inches!, I ended up with 19 wheats, the 64 roosie, and the presidential token from cracker jack, and 11 clad coins, early 60s. But now the awkward part, my father in law told me not to bring anybody else up there just yet, he doesn't want to get off on a bad foot with the new owner. I'm probably going to save this place as a go to when all else fails. I really want to share this spot with some people but l don't want to get the boot in the process, puts me in a crappy situation!!!!!:BangHead: I think im gonna get to know the new owners a bit more, and try to win them over so I can share this spot with others, but for now im gonna keep it as a go to spot when im frustrated, or when my family and I spend time up the camper with my father in law....

ok long story over, thanks for looking and hh!!!!
20150523_200731.jpg 20150523_210111.jpg 20150523_210115.jpg 20150523_210823.jpg

Upvote 21

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a spot like that is exciting! You did really well, and I'd bet there's more silver there. Good idea to appease the owners with a token of gratitude, it usually goes a long way!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a it's gonna turn out to be a great site. That's a handful of goodies that says there got to be silver there. I agree with others. There is nothing wrong with having a spot all to yourself.
Thanks Will, that's gonna be the go too site for them quick hunts when all else fails

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a spot like that is exciting! You did really well, and I'd bet there's more silver there. Good idea to appease the owners with a token of gratitude, it usually goes a long way!
im hoping to win them over so I can share this spot

Great day when silver shows up!!
Better day when you know there's still more there for another day. Nothing wrong at all about keeping a place for yourself.
Good Luck there on future hunts!!
I just scratched the surface there, literally, wheats at 2-3 inches and I didn't grid any area whatsoever, just randomly walked around, everywhere I stopped and slowed down I was getting hits, very exciting!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the cracker jack token was used in the early 30s. I found one a few weeks back. nice finds

HH george

Thanks george, that makes sense with the age of the rest of the finds I was making

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a real sweet spot! Terrific finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread