1936 The Dust Bowl

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent an hour on an old dust bowl era farm stead yesterday band found a few interesting items with no value but quenched my thirst for American History!
Here are a few photos of the items I found on my short hunt! Among them is a circa 1920, Art Deco, ladies belt buckle with an R monogram(very petite and feminine),1936D wheat penny,a brass,clam shell soap dish, Buck Brand and Finks Special buttons from some poor farmers coveralls,a point wrench for the distributor on a Model A Ford, an old Fairfield tablespoon,and a few other UFOs ( Unidentified found objects) LOL! I enjoyed the hunt! Hope you enjoy the pics!! :icon_thumright:The Kid Woodie Place 001.JPG Woodie Place 002.JPG Woodie Place 003.JPG Woodie Place 004.JPG

Upvote 9

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old finds from a very hard time in America.
Congrats! The clam thing looks like it was hinged at one time.

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great finds that all tell a story. Good job on salvaging them. My grandparents had a shell soap holder like that at the old ranch house. I believe it screwed into the wall.

OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i agree! It was either hinged or screwed to the wall in a corner. it is plated with something over light brass or copper,much like that Fairfield spoon. Thanks for the comments! Good hunting and have an awesome summer!!
Nice old finds from a very hard time in America.
Congrats! The clam thing looks like it was hinged at one time.

OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sure think you're right!
Those are great finds that all tell a story. Good job on salvaging them. My grandparents had a shell soap holder like that at the old ranch house. I believe it screwed into the wall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread