Spanish Silver, Seated Dime, Silver Button, Hexagonal Pistol Barrel

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off id like to say that this hunt is dedicated to IP and AQUA! :-)
I've been working like crazy lately in preparation for my cruise to Mexico and Honduras next week. Showed up at a job this morning and it was a huge mess with electrical issues and several other things. My boss showed up and took one look and said "Let's go to breakfast and go metal detecting." I said perfect and off we went. We decided to take his boat to a location that I've been researching and I knew there was a house there in the 1660s. The only problem is that it's 60 acres and not at all easy to get to. I looked at a topo map and had a good idea where I wanted to start. We managed to get there safely and I immediately marched up to the high spot. Turned on my machine and about 8 minutes later got an 88 on my T2. Bang! Spanish silver! 1782 Carolus iii 2 reale. You guys have no idea what a weight came off my shoulders with this coin....well a couple of you do :-) I started detecting in September and set some goals for my first year. Today I achieved some big ones. A couple of lifetime goals actually. I've been finding old coppers basically every trip out but just could not pull a silver to save my life. A little while later I noticed a bunch of stacked stones next to the water and knew it was a ferry landing or shipping dock. Found a few buttons and bang, another high 80s signal...1877 seated dime. On my goals list. I also pulled an 1821 LC. Perhaps the most interesting find of the day was my last one which is a hexagonal pistol barrel. Looks to be brass and any help with cleaning would be great. Any help with i.d. Would be even better.
Perhaps the best part of today is that I never located the 1660s home site and I know there's even older stuff out there somewhere. This place is amazing with no modern trash and I saw ZERO people in 4 hours. Thanks for looking guys. All the best, Abe
Oh yah I was pretty surprised to find that one of my buttons was silver
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 20

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• findadamnrealboyE.jpg
    findadamnrealboyE.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 130

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Absolutely tremendous hunt! You sure shot out of the chute with this hobby! I hope you find much more! Congrats!

(PS, did your boss find any keepers?)

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahab, congrats man! I'm glad to see you got that one off of your chest. That weight is still on my shoulders. :)

That pistol is awesome, too. Fantastic stuff. Best of luck when you get out there again. I smell a Pine Tree coming!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Now there's a hunt to remember!!

You got a whole bunch of firsts and got a big ole monkey off your back. No doubt you'll have many more finds like that to show this year with all the great old sites you have.

Congratulations on your wonderful finds!

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great treasures! Bet you are still grinning from ear to ear. Congrats!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showing the pics you text me around work before I left Abe. Beyond awesome. Now that will get a man's blood pumping. Congrats my friend. :icon_thumleft:

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA...We got Abe riled up IP !!!!

Now look at him go ......................great hunt right there but think maybe you went a little over board on the silver finds:tongue3:

Even the button is silver ! That is what you call breaking the silver barrier in style !!!!!

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Couldn't be happier for you, Abe- great finds. I have no doubt that a Pine Tree Shilling is waiting for you on one of your next hunts. Congrats!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA...We got Abe riled up IP !!!! Now look at him go ......................great hunt right there but think maybe you went a little over board on the silver finds:tongue3: Even the button is silver ! That is what you call breaking the silver barrier in style !!!!!
Ha ha yeah why don't you guys start teasing me about no gold coins or tree coins :-) I'm excited about this place man. It's beautiful and old with no trash. I need to spend an entire weekend out there after my vaca

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showing the pics you text me around work before I left Abe. Beyond awesome. Now that will get a man's blood pumping. Congrats my friend. :icon_thumleft:
Thank you my friend. Yes I sure was excited. I actually peeked in my case after about an hour to make sure it was really there :-)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't be happier for you, Abe- great finds. I have no doubt that a Pine Tree Shilling is waiting for you on one of your next hunts. Congrats!
Oh Mr G I hope you are correct my friend. I know I have some sites with the history to produce one but I won't hold my breath.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding hunt Abe!! I knew it was just a matter of time before your research would land you on some early silver. Love that huge 2 reale, and its exactly the same date as one I dug a couple of months ago. Based on the age of that site I wouldn't be surprised to see some even older coins show up. A hammered would be awesome. Good luck bud!!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there's a hunt to remember!! You got a whole bunch of firsts and got a big ole monkey off your back. No doubt you'll have many more finds like that to show this year with all the great old sites you have. Congratulations on your wonderful finds!
Thanks for the kind words buddy! I'm pretty psyched that all of that research I did is paying off. Today felt great

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahab, congrats man! I'm glad to see you got that one off of your chest. That weight is still on my shoulders. :) That pistol is awesome, too. Fantastic stuff. Best of luck when you get out there again. I smell a Pine Tree coming!
Thanks Gio I'm psyched to have a good outing and find some silver. A tree coin would be a dream come true

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread