1936 The Dust Bowl

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent an hour on an old dust bowl era farm stead yesterday band found a few interesting items with no value but quenched my thirst for American History!
Here are a few photos of the items I found on my short hunt! Among them is a circa 1920, Art Deco, ladies belt buckle with an R monogram(very petite and feminine),1936D wheat penny,a brass,clam shell soap dish, Buck Brand and Finks Special buttons from some poor farmers coveralls,a point wrench for the distributor on a Model A Ford, an old Fairfield tablespoon,and a few other UFOs ( Unidentified found objects) LOL! I enjoyed the hunt! Hope you enjoy the pics!! :icon_thumright:The Kid Woodie Place 001.JPGWoodie Place 002.JPGWoodie Place 003.JPGWoodie Place 004.JPG

Upvote 9
Nice old finds from a very hard time in America.
Congrats! The clam thing looks like it was hinged at one time.

Those are great finds that all tell a story. Good job on salvaging them. My grandparents had a shell soap holder like that at the old ranch house. I believe it screwed into the wall.

i agree! It was either hinged or screwed to the wall in a corner. it is plated with something over light brass or copper,much like that Fairfield spoon. Thanks for the comments! Good hunting and have an awesome summer!!
Nice old finds from a very hard time in America.
Congrats! The clam thing looks like it was hinged at one time.

I sure think you're right!
Those are great finds that all tell a story. Good job on salvaging them. My grandparents had a shell soap holder like that at the old ranch house. I believe it screwed into the wall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back