1974 Penny with oddity

texasmad38

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been checking out the forum here for a long time and finally decided to actually join and post. I recently came across this Lincoln 1974 penny and it has what appears to be a chip off the backside of a different penny on the front of it, my picture is not greatest but the piece is actually smooth so you cannot feel the piece and while its difficult to see it has part of a O on it from where it should be the One Cent from the back but it also has the design from the front stamped in it, even the mint mark goes partially over it. What kind of value if any does this have?

Attachments

• 1974penny.jpg
    1974penny.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 414

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard to say. I have a mint error 1962 penny that I have tryed to value but it is hard to do. Problem with uncommon mint errorrs are there is nothing to compare it to. Only way is advertise it on Ebay or other sites and see what it will bring. or Let a coin expert look at it.

OP
OP
T

texasmad38

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its so hard to tell with coins because I see things that to me would bring value because they are so odd but turns out they have no value especially when it comes to doubling on a coin and then there's times I see something on the internet and I find myself squinting to see what they are talking about and its worth more then my truck. Thats why I am thankful for places such as this where you can kind of get a slight idea of what something may or may not be worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread