1st Permission, 1st Ring and its my first Gold!

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1st Permission, 1st Ring and it's my first Gold!

First a little background. I spend most of my time TH's in my own yard and my 87 year old neighbor always asks if I found a diamond ring for my wife. Her yard is now infested with grubs and she is going to have it torn up and re-seeded so she gave me the go ahead to "have at it". First thing I pulled out was this earring that seems to be plated as it is tarnished. Next decent thing was the hinge, weighs 13ozs, no clue on age or anything else. Today was the third day I spent there and found this 18K wedding band!:laughing7: The hallmark is a sideways W, research reveals it is made by JR Wood and Son and the exact ring is in a 1923 catalog of theirs:hello2:. They merged with Lenox in 1970 and changed their name in 1975 to Art-Carved. They are still in business today. AliceEarring1.jpg AliceHinge1.jpg AliceHinge2.jpg AliceRing1.jpg AliceRing2.jpg AliceRing3.jpg

Upvote 19
OP
OP
Q

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Reiska

Aug 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
GM4 Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
qaela4 said:
No they didn't but the last name is Saari so initials don't match. Too bad, that would have been a heck of a cool connection!

I'm seemingly getting desperate at finding an owner for this ring. :tongue3: By the way, do you know which region they were from?

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's an old ring. very cool find, congrats!

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know. I found a diamond solitaire in a residential yard about a year ago. The homeowners had lived there since the subdivision had first been built in the early 1950s. The ring was tangled up inside the shallow roots of the St. Augustine grass, indicating to me that it did not predate the subdivision's development. The homeowners and their family had no idea whose it was, or that it was in their yard.

OP
OP
Q

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You never know. I found a diamond solitaire in a residential yard about a year ago. The homeowners had lived there since the subdivision had first been built in the early 1950s. The ring was tangled up inside the shallow roots of the St. Augustine grass, indicating to me that it did not predate the subdivision's development. The homeowners and their family had no idea whose it was, or that it was in their yard.

My neighbor has been living in her house for 70 years and had no idea whose it could be, couldn't think of anyone in all that time that lost one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions