2.5 pound silver ingot update:10-21-09 lead type cast

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
found this about two weeks ago didnt want to post without testing the silver. acid test came out creamy cloudy and this is an awesome thing. very heavy for its size, found in an old feild that i thaught was worked out.I have pulled 1812 seminole war button outta this place what gets me is that its not marked, but test 925 or better
WOW this is great ive waited a long time to post on this site have been reading for a long time. now everyone who thinks there isnt anymore real treasure, feast your eyes. the vdi was a steady 93 silver dollar, very strong signal found this while detecting with my 10 year old neice she was totaly freakin and so was I!!!!!

UPDATED:10/6/09 had bar appraised today 500.00 not sure of purity but its SILVER
WOW going to enter the best of 2009 western and eastern treasures contest... this is
AWESOME!!!!!!

10-21-09 had bar xrf tested and its 85 percent lead,,,sorry for mishap needed test to be sure.....thanks....

Attachments

• dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 3,600
  • dads find 001 (Small).jpg
    dads find 001 (Small).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4,903
  • dads find 003 (Small).jpg
    dads find 003 (Small).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 6,398
  • dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 3,398
Upvote 0
OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
Re: 2.5 pound silver ingot

allen said:
did you keep searching to see if there was more of them?
that is one excellent find !!!
ive been tearing that feild up, dig everything!!!!!!

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

relichunter777 said:
found this about two weeks ago didnt want to post without testing the silver. acid test came out creamy cloudy and this is an awesome thing. very heavy for its size, found in an old feild that i thaught was worked out.I have pulled 1812 seminole war button outta this place what gets me is that its not marked, but test 925 or better
WOW this is great ive waited a long time to post on this site have been reading for a long time. now everyone who thinks there isnt anymore real treasure, feast your eyes. the vdi was a steady 93 silver dollar, very strong signal found this while detecting with my 10 year old neice she was totaly freakin and so was I!!!!!

found bottle there to horlick's malted milk lunch tablets bottle

Attachments

• dads find 008 (Small).jpg
    dads find 008 (Small).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3,344

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are you freeking kidding me man !! :o :notworthy:

Now that is a lump of silver !! ??? :o

It could have been hand casted, hence not being marked. :icon_scratch: Like you said someone likely melted down their silverware or something. :hello2:

Awesome, got my banner vote !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D :D

gxray

Jan 30, 2009

Could this possibly turn out to be tha American version of "Anglo-Saxon Treasure Hoard Found"....?.... where the headline reads "Florida Man Discovers Lost Spanish Pirate Treasure" . I hope so ,,,,that would be so awesome!!...Keep hunting that area and best of luck to you ...hope to read about it in the National Headlines.

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other

Great HI HO SILVER :icon_thumleft:ANY STAMP MARKS OR HAVE THEY BIN REMOVED ????

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Relic hunter, that is a truly awesome find! It may mean nothing, but there does not seem to be a plow mark or disk mark on it, despite it being a faily large object from what I guess was a working field? I found an 1850's half dollar like that once, brand new without a mark, except for the last one which finally kicked it up high enough to find. I've wondered about it, as I wonder now about yours, whether it might have been actually buried deep and finaly kicked up by one of the more modern (and deeper) plows? I never had a chance to go back to check my field, but if I had the opportunity you have now I'd think about hitting that whole area with a twin box, just on the off chance you found part of something larger which might be obscured by a broken iron box, strapping, or something along those lines. Anyway, again Great Find!! Good luck!!!

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

johnnyi said:
Relic hunter, that is a truly awesome find! It may mean nothing, but there does not seem to be a plow mark or disk mark on it, despite it being a faily large object from what I guess was a working field? I found an 1850's half dollar like that once, brand new without a mark, except for the last one which finally kicked it up high enough to find. I've wondered about it, as I wonder now about yours, whether it might have been actually buried deep and finaly kicked up by one of the more modern (and deeper) plows? I never had a chance to go back to check my field, but if I had the opportunity you have now I'd think about hitting that whole area with a twin box, just on the off chance you found part of something larger which might be obscured by a broken iron box, strapping, or something along those lines. Anyway, again Great Find!! Good luck!!!
when i say feild i mean a place with no houses ect, yes i was wondering the same thing about the two box detector. would love to hit the motherload anyone near clearwater fl, with twobox let me know.?????

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

relichunter, what exactly are the five grey marks on the back?

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

johnnyi said:
relichunter, what exactly are the five grey marks on the back?
they are were the acid test were done says it leaves a little tarnish after test.

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

gxray said:
Could this possibly turn out to be tha American version of "Anglo-Saxon Treasure Hoard Found"....?.... where the headline reads "Florida Man Discovers Lost Spanish Pirate Treasure" . I hope so ,,,,that would be so awesome!!...Keep hunting that area and best of luck to you ...hope to read about it in the National Headlines.
everyone dreams of finding the mother load of pirate treasure Im no different
im looking for someone with two box...im not giving up on this site yet!!!!!!!

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

That is one interesting find. I was going to ask a question but it was answered before I could ask it. Since you live near Clearwater FL, there were not silver mines in that area.

No telling where that ingot came from. We could come up with loads of interesting speculation. Bottom line is you found it and it is all yours. Congrats.

Ray ECenFL

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

Ray S ECenFL said:
That is one interesting find. I was going to ask a question but it was answered before I could ask it. Since you live near Clearwater FL, there were not silver mines in that area.

No telling where that ingot came from. We could come up with loads of interesting speculation. Bottom line is you found it and it is all yours. Congrats.

Ray ECenFL
was thinking all kinds of possible answers but who knows,pirates treasure??????????????

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe

ATA-BOY on one sweet find! It will look nice in the middle of your growing display of finds.
Hopefully you will come across something else out there. I'll agree on banner, simply because this is the first silver bar I have seen found here on t-net. Truly amazing find. 8)

froggy1967

Apr 20, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is amazing..... :o I vote banner!

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009