2.5 pound silver ingot update:10-21-09 lead type cast

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
found this about two weeks ago didnt want to post without testing the silver. acid test came out creamy cloudy and this is an awesome thing. very heavy for its size, found in an old feild that i thaught was worked out.I have pulled 1812 seminole war button outta this place what gets me is that its not marked, but test 925 or better
WOW this is great ive waited a long time to post on this site have been reading for a long time. now everyone who thinks there isnt anymore real treasure, feast your eyes. the vdi was a steady 93 silver dollar, very strong signal found this while detecting with my 10 year old neice she was totaly freakin and so was I!!!!!

UPDATED:10/6/09 had bar appraised today 500.00 not sure of purity but its SILVER
WOW going to enter the best of 2009 western and eastern treasures contest... this is
AWESOME!!!!!!

10-21-09 had bar xrf tested and its 85 percent lead,,,sorry for mishap needed test to be sure.....thanks....

Attachments

• dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 3,600
  • dads find 001 (Small).jpg
    dads find 001 (Small).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4,903
  • dads find 003 (Small).jpg
    dads find 003 (Small).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 6,398
  • dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 3,398
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2.5 pound silver ingot

Amazing silver find!!! :o Congrats on a beautiful banner piece. :thumbsup:
I struggle to find a silver dime. :tongue3:
-MM-

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Too cool, too cool!! Congratulations on the banner find!

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals

Wow awesome find, I wonder how old it is? Did it have a patina? Old silver coins here usually comes out black. I agree on the XLT comment it is one of the best detectors out there even after 15? years.

vermonster

May 7, 2009
hootersville NY
Detector(s) used
whites prism IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:o Well, it's a good thing u went back 2 that site! Keep up the good work.

Oct 6, 2009

Well, since I know exactly where this field is at .... looks like I will have to break out the ole spectrum myself. ;D

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

silver_thunder said:
Well, since I know exactly where this field is at .... looks like I will have to break out the ole spectrum myself. ;D
your more than welcome :laughing9: :notworthy: :hello: let me know whats up with the two box!!!!!!!much love!!!!!this was pulled from clearwater not belleair but if your up for it let me know we can hunt this site together ; :icon_thumright: ;D :icon_thumleft: ps love your profile and pic you should put some of your finds on here this site is awesome!!!!! hope youve checked it out some well talk at ya later ps things been slow around shop so have had plenty of time to dirt fish....hope you and i can hunt together some time. and last time in belleair cops ran me off that was a while ago....got a couple new sites ones already paid off need to hit the motherload!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

SWR said:
Congratulations on a most excellent find.

It is hard to tell from the photograph, but it appears your bar was once bar stock (rectangular), and then worked into the present trapezoid shape.
no the bar was smelted in its own cast ,just as the old GOLD bars were.
as far as i can tell doesnt seem to be any hammer marks but real smooth on top of casting.

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

SWR said:
relichunter777 said:
SWR said:
Congratulations on a most excellent find.

It is hard to tell from the photograph, but it appears your bar was once bar stock (rectangular), and then worked into the present trapezoid shape.
no the bar was smelted in its own cast ,just as the old GOLD bars were.
as far as i can tell doesnt seem to be any hammer marks but real smooth on top of casting.

Old gold bars where anything but trapezoidal. That is more of a modern thing (early 1900s on)

Must be an optical illusion on my end, not being squared-off and such :wink:
not really sure then all i know when i look at it is that its beautiful!!!!!!!!!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Must be part of a Ship wreck, what elese could it be

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beautiful ingot@! Congrats to YOU...KING FOR A DAY :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

First great find. :thumbsup: But I was wondering what type of silver testing kit you had?I do alot of testing on things and all the test I've used say the brighter the red the more pure the silver.And the solution of nitric acid I use only comes up with the creamy color you speak of with things like lead mixed with tin.I've tested on things I know are silver and they show bright red for 925 and things like coin silver it starts becoming a darker red to almost becoming brown.Lower then that it starts turning a greenish color.Anything lower is the creamy white you speak of.I have not brought all the different types of kits.Just thought they would had been the same.Also I see were you tested that it left dull grey.Mine when I test it leaves on silver a white looking spot.I was just wondering about it. :thumbsup:
Timekiller!

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2,155
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,137
OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

timekiller said:
First great find. :thumbsup: But I was wondering what type of silver testing kit you had?I do alot of testing on things and all the test I've used say the brighter the red the more pure the silver.And the solution of nitric acid I use only comes up with the creamy color you speak of with things like lead mixed with tin.I've tested on things I know are silver and they show bright red for 925 and things like coin silver it starts becoming a darker red to almost becoming brown.Lower then that it starts turning a greenish color.Anything lower is the creamy white you speak of.I have not brought all the different types of kits.Just thought they would had been the same.Also I see were you tested that it left dull grey.Mine when I test it leaves on silver a white looking spot.I was just wondering about it. :thumbsup:
Timekiller!
well im useing a nitric acid silver test had appraised to not sure of the purity
but sure its silver. yes if i leave on it turns this greyish cloudy i wiped of the acid but it left residue on there but yes it creamy cloudy mabey less silver but its still there :hello2:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

relichunter777 said:
timekiller said:
Timekiller!
well im useing a nitric acid silver test had appraised to not sure of the purity
but sure its silver.
Good enough thats really all that matters! :thumbsup:

gemseeker35

Oct 7, 2009

hey big brother im on treasure net now! yay!,,,dude this is your dream come true ,u have carried on moms tradition ,may she rest in piece,,u have waited 26 long years to make this dream come true dont give up,,,this is unbelievable,,,dude i think this may go down in history!!! :hello2: congrats dude u did it ,,,, :laughing9:wow mom would be so proud!!dude i think she was right there when u found it too!,and god has answered your prayer! awsome find ,uve been waiting for this one to come along!,,i most definetly vote BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YA ,,AND CHIN UP ,CAUSE YOU HIT A INTERSTING TOPIC AND FIND HERE MY DEAR BROTHER!,,,,KEEP IT GLOWIN! GEMSEEKER35 :tongue3: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum

gemseeker35 said:
hey big brother im on treasure net now! yay!,,,dude this is your dream come true ,u have carried on moms tradition ,may she rest in piece,,u have waited 26 long years to make this dream come true dont give up,,,this is unbelievable,,,dude i think this may go down in history!!! :hello2: congrats dude u did it ,,,, :laughing9:wow mom would be so proud!!dude i think she was right there when u found it too!,and god has answered your prayer! awsome find ,uve been waiting for this one to come along!,,i most definetly vote BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YA ,,AND CHIN UP ,CAUSE YOU HIT A INTERSTING TOPIC AND FIND HERE MY DEAR BROTHER!,,,,KEEP IT GLOWIN! GEMSEEKER35 :tongue3: :icon_thumleft:
:laughing9:thats right find of a lifetime!! praise GOD!!!! :hello2: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread