Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys I had a awesome hunt this morning and got myself 2 first. I went to a spot full on iron (of course) mixed in with white shells, so I decided to put the 6” on the 800 and run it at 7 recovery speed. Well it worked out great because I got my first Seated Half Dime a 1840 O Seated Half Dime!! I was freaking out. Then getting very tired from the shells, falsing and roots I hit a sweet signal and got my first J Hook. The Lord shine upon me today :)

1840-O Seated Half Dime No Drapery IMG_1973.jpg IMG_1974.jpg IMG_1977.jpg

J Hook IMG_1975.jpg IMG_1976.jpg

It’s so hard to get to I was always worried about the front spoiler on my truck...well not anymore!!! Lol IMG_1972.jpg

Worth every penny. Thanks for looking and sharing my happy moment [emoji1317]

Last edited:
Upvote 79
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow oh wow a seated half dime, you da man. To me a find like that would be a near second to a gold coin!!
I am puzzled though, what is the prized j hook? What was it for?

Also have seen a photo of you before wearing the Indian head shirt. If it's for luck it sure does work. Again, huge congratulations to you truth, you work so very hard for your finds!!

I really do appreciate that a addictive personality sure does help. The J hook was on the soldiers backpack that kept it closed

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tru, Tru, Truth! You can't make a J-hook into a bucket lister! Now that half dime definitely qualifies :thumbsup:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Possum if you can go in a couple of hours I wanna bring you there.

Oh I remember lol View attachment 1682495 View attachment 1682496

I put the 2005 Buick through some stuff , but don't think it could handle those ruts .

I always said when I get a New or Used (most likely ) "I'd only have it 'Primed' cause of where i'd take it."

Until then ill get parking tickets .LOL

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tru, Tru, Truth! You can't make a J-hook into a bucket lister! Now that half dime definitely qualifies :thumbsup:

Well for these days & new hunters a 'J' hook is a big thing. Not trying to fight but just sayin . :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Captain! We're out of J-hooks!!! What do we do now??
Yep, saw the same movie lol

I’m just an ol’ swamp donkey that was eating his popcorn watching civil war movies staring at the legendary J-hook. Lol

I just posted my new finds that you can make fun of Steve :laughing

Staring my first CW percussion cap bucket list!!!!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m just an ol’ swamp donkey that was eating his popcorn watching civil war movies staring at the legendary J-hook. Lol

I just posted my new finds that you can make fun of Steve :laughing

Staring my first CW percussion cap bucket list!!!!!
Hey I just saw your latest finds. You are definitely on a civil war site. Keep pounding it !

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
Awesome J Hook, was about to toss mine (I’m new to the East Coast and hunting civil war relics) a buddy told me what it was and I was glad I didn’t :)

And the dime is a beauty as well!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome J Hook, was about to toss mine (I’m new to the East Coast and hunting civil war relics) a buddy told me what it was and I was glad I didn’t :)

And the dime is a beauty as well!

A couple of years ago I would’ve tossed it myself but from watching YouTube videos I quickly learned but never FYI e in my 6 years of hunting. So when I saw it now I was in awww lol

My Seated Half Dime blew my mind I’ve gotten 2 Capped half dimes before and half reals but that Seated has always eluted me I’ve only foundone seated dime so the Seated Half dime was a extra bonus. I saw the small seated and it went immediately in my mouth lol

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Truth Take care driving home when find a seated half dollar your old ford cattle truck may get T-boned by a Pelican . TP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread