Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys I had a awesome hunt this morning and got myself 2 first. I went to a spot full on iron (of course) mixed in with white shells, so I decided to put the 6โ€ on the 800 and run it at 7 recovery speed. Well it worked out great because I got my first Seated Half Dime a 1840 O Seated Half Dime!! I was freaking out. Then getting very tired from the shells, falsing and roots I hit a sweet signal and got my first J Hook. The Lord shine upon me today :)

1840-O Seated Half Dime No Drapery IMG_1973.jpg IMG_1974.jpg IMG_1977.jpg

J Hook IMG_1975.jpg IMG_1976.jpg

Itโ€™s so hard to get to I was always worried about the front spoiler on my truck...well not anymore!!! Lol IMG_1972.jpg

Worth every penny. Thanks for looking and sharing my happy moment [emoji1317]

Last edited:
Upvote 79
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I just saw your latest finds. You are definitely on a civil war site. Keep pounding it !

Ill have to check that out , then 'for some reason '??? tell about my similar finds . BTW I've found 3 j hooks in the last 5 + Years. So IMO that's pretty rare. Heck I've won 7-8 in Club Raffle drawings / prizes BUT! I have no idea where they were found. Sooooo. ???

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job. I have a seated half dime, but Iโ€™m still looking for the capped bust dime and half dime and the j hook as well. Looks like you have potential in that site. Congratulations and keep swingin.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job. I have a seated half dime, but Iโ€™m still looking for the capped bust dime and half dime and the j hook as well. Looks like you have potential in that site. Congratulations and keep swingin.

Thanks tnt the seated has always been my nemesis. I hope you get that cap this year. Keep swinging!! IMG_0237.jpg IMG_0238.jpg IMG_0084.jpg IMG_0085.jpg We have a lot of Spanish down here must this on is my sharpest . I also got a beautiful 6 reales in a sidewalk strip of all places. IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0200.jpg Old American silver is my favorite I must admit.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Truth, STUNNING example of a half dime you have there! Big congrats...and you bet I'd rip both bumpers and the bed off to find one! I mean...in the good old days I've tore lots of parts off my truck, and occasionally have had to roll her back over on to all 4 wheels...for nothing more than the fun of it. The ever elusive half-dime...still that for me, near the top of my bucket list. Congrats! Ddf.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Truth, STUNNING example of a half dime you have there! Big congrats...and you bet I'd rip both bumpers and the bed off to find one! I mean...in the good old days I've tore lots of parts off my truck, and occasionally have had to roll her back over on to all 4 wheels...for nothing more than the fun of it. The ever elusive half-dime...still that for me, near the top of my bucket list. Congrats! Ddf.

dirt itโ€™s a amazing feeling as for the front spoiler thatโ€™s what they make industrial zip ties for. Red neck ingenuity at it finest. Iโ€™m leaving a 5 am to go make out there. I sucked on that half dime until it was clean as a whistle. What a little dirt when you have a quarter can of Copenhagen in your lip. Lol

Iโ€™m bringing my machete to clear out those swamp vines I had to dodge last time. I canโ€™t sleep thinking to much so looks like a all nighter watching videos and tips for swinging in this shell, iron, root infested site. But I will bring it dirt. Coffee[emoji736] energy drinks[emoji736]determination and persistence[emoji736][emoji736] [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread